future licenses

General questions and troubleshooting SOFTIMAGE©
User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

future licenses

Post by Hirazi Blue » 04 Sep 2014, 22:44

Something that's still unclear to me: will I be able to keep getting new license files for my Softimage 2015 indefinitely after dropping subscription or will this end sometime in the future just like previous version usage rights?
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

luceric
Posts: 1252
Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08

Re: future licenses

Post by luceric » 05 Sep 2014, 01:34

New licenses... I assume that's just a wrong choice of words. Autodesk will continue to provide help for your Softimage license, including transferring to a new computer, after 2016. You'll need to keep a backup of it because you won't be able to log on subscription center if you drop off subscription. You'll have to contact support to do transfers. There is no end date on that service; autodesk can still regenerate license for old products when necessary.

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: future licenses

Post by Hirazi Blue » 05 Sep 2014, 08:54

Thanks. My query was indeed perhaps somewhat clumsily worded, but I spoke of new "license files" (meaning: the lic file needed to convince LMTools of a valid license) in the hope of making the right distinction. But again: thanks, that was what I needed to hear!
:-bd
Stay safe, sane & healthy!