Hello ,
I have a question about Polygon limits & viewport performance. I am running softimage 2013 on a laptop and the video card is nvidia quadro 1000m.
I have a scene with around 3.5 million polys. It is very slow with any kind of component manipulation.
As I have never ran into this before, I am assuming its the video card?
Is there a website that shows how many polys a video card can display?
Thanks,
-Ryan
Polygon limit & Viewport Performance
-
rpmaguire
- Posts: 67
- Joined: 04 Feb 2013, 04:54
- Skype: eyekeystudio
-
myara
- Posts: 406
- Joined: 28 Sep 2011, 08:33
Re: Polygon limit & Viewport Performance
I would say it is Video Card related. Try hiding and isolating objects. It should get smoother.
M.Yara
Character Modeler | Softimage Generalist (sort of)
Character Modeler | Softimage Generalist (sort of)
-
Nox
- Posts: 108
- Joined: 16 Apr 2013, 11:28
Re: Polygon limit & Viewport Performance
I think component manipulation is actually done on CPU.
-
FXDude
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: 19 Jun 2012, 19:59
Re: Polygon limit & Viewport Performance
Seems your GPU may be it.
Find '1000m' on this page
http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html
It's way at the very bottom (of the high end card section)
Find '1000m' on this page
http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html
It's way at the very bottom (of the high end card section)
-
FXDude
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: 19 Jun 2012, 19:59
Re: Polygon limit & Viewport Performance
Speaking of viewport performance, doesn't Fabric use it's own display host in softimage?
So would using Fabric technically allow for greater viewport performance?
EDIT: And if so, how does selecting components, painting wheights etc.. work (if it does work)
So would using Fabric technically allow for greater viewport performance?
EDIT: And if so, how does selecting components, painting wheights etc.. work (if it does work)