I'm dealing with a project that uses rectangle textures (1:2). The problem is that when I rotate an UV island, it gets deformed, so I have to compensate manually (like scaling 0.5 x 2).
I remember having an option in Maya for this, is there anything in Softimage?
Thanks
rectangular texture & UV editor
-
myara
- Posts: 406
- Joined: 28 Sep 2011, 08:33
rectangular texture & UV editor
M.Yara
Character Modeler | Softimage Generalist (sort of)
Character Modeler | Softimage Generalist (sort of)
-
julca
- Posts: 145
- Joined: 07 Sep 2012, 12:24
Re: rectangular texture & UV editor
Hello,
You've probably already found your answer, but just in case :
Press the "alt" key when you rotate UV on texture editor to compensate distortions on "rectangular" texture.
You've probably already found your answer, but just in case :
Press the "alt" key when you rotate UV on texture editor to compensate distortions on "rectangular" texture.
-
myara
- Posts: 406
- Joined: 28 Sep 2011, 08:33
Re: rectangular texture & UV editor
Thanks julca!! I didn't know that!
M.Yara
Character Modeler | Softimage Generalist (sort of)
Character Modeler | Softimage Generalist (sort of)
-
FXDude
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: 19 Jun 2012, 19:59
Re: rectangular texture & UV editor
Me n'either! : ]
-
julca
- Posts: 145
- Joined: 07 Sep 2012, 12:24
Re: rectangular texture & UV editor
I am happy to have been helpful ! 