Enough trying to guess ... C4D R16 is here!
-
MauricioPC
- Moderator
- Posts: 1089
- Joined: 16 Sep 2013, 11:39
-
SamHowell
- Posts: 364
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:09
- Location: Birmingham
Re: Enough trying to guess ... C4D R16 is here!
What are the chances. Time to check out that link...
-
SamHowell
- Posts: 364
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:09
- Location: Birmingham
Re: Enough trying to guess ... C4D R16 is here!
Seems to be modelling tools are the biggest improvements. I like that polygon pen.
I guess a decent motion tracker is always worth having too.
I guess a decent motion tracker is always worth having too.
-
MauricioPC
- Moderator
- Posts: 1089
- Joined: 16 Sep 2013, 11:39
Re: Enough trying to guess ... C4D R16 is here!
3hrs of videos from C4DCafe about the new features ...
http://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/files/catego ... elease-16/
http://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/files/catego ... elease-16/
-
MauricioPC
- Moderator
- Posts: 1089
- Joined: 16 Sep 2013, 11:39
Re: Enough trying to guess ... C4D R16 is here!
Okay ... first impressions from the videos. Although they have said in some interviews that they were catering for the VFX market, I guess not on this release. It's seems like a good upgrade, but for motion artists more than most. Still no improved texturing system, the solo button was a free plugin, the PEN tool does look good. But no improvements on the viewport? I mean ... the performance in R15 is slower than Max 2013 or Maya 2014 for me. Lots of objects bring the viewport down, it's a pain.
Now ... the tracking tool does looks interesting, but it brings me some questions. Isn't After Effects already bundled with a tracking solution? And since almost all C4D users use After, why they would need another one?
So no viewport performance, no dynamics/particles improvement, no improvement on animation besides the new tag. I guess it makes it clear that C4D will stay at it's market niche and that's okay, but I guess for me and what I like, even 3ds Max looks more fitting. Damn you Maxon!
/back on deciding between Max and Maya.
Now ... the tracking tool does looks interesting, but it brings me some questions. Isn't After Effects already bundled with a tracking solution? And since almost all C4D users use After, why they would need another one?
So no viewport performance, no dynamics/particles improvement, no improvement on animation besides the new tag. I guess it makes it clear that C4D will stay at it's market niche and that's okay, but I guess for me and what I like, even 3ds Max looks more fitting. Damn you Maxon!
/back on deciding between Max and Maya.
-
luchifer
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 20:27
- Location: Lima, Perú
Re: Enough trying to guess ... C4D R16 is here!
Because the tracker, from I have seen has more in common with Bojou than After Effects. The new modeling tool -poly pen- is a blast to work with (its like the XSI tweak tool on steroids, one single tool that does almost everything from creation, poly/vertex/edge edit, to retopology), and while the material system isnt nodal the new reflectance channel will get you covered. I share your pain with the viewports, I can only suggest using ctrl+D and lower the project resolution or the clipping range while working, or layer objects to hide them from viewport. Also, dont forget this little but huge upgrade, like in modo, you can also use the scultping tools without the scuplting tag.MauricioPC wrote:Okay ... first impressions from the videos. Although they have said in some interviews that they were catering for the VFX market, I guess not on this release. It's seems like a good upgrade, but for motion artists more than most. Still no improved texturing system, the solo button was a free plugin, the PEN tool does look good. But no improvements on the viewport? I mean ... the performance in R15 is slower than Max 2013 or Maya 2014 for me. Lots of objects bring the viewport down, it's a pain.
Now ... the tracking tool does looks interesting, but it brings me some questions. Isn't After Effects already bundled with a tracking solution? And since almost all C4D users use After, why they would need another one?
So no viewport performance, no dynamics/particles improvement, no improvement on animation besides the new tag. I guess it makes it clear that C4D will stay at it's market niche and that's okay, but I guess for me and what I like, even 3ds Max looks more fitting. Damn you Maxon!
/back on deciding between Max and Maya.
also dont forget to use instances if you can: from the shelf and from the "render instance" mograph operator.
edit.. another edith, the solo button is there because apparently Maxon has worked with Nitroman for some great additions, and it seems to be better than the solo free plugin, because it doesnt collapse the hierarchy. Although I would hate if it doenst have the option to hide the unselected object on the explorer.
-
Mathaeus
- Posts: 1778
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 19:11
- Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Re: Enough trying to guess ... C4D R16 is here!
Integrated Moccha in AE is a 2d, planar tracker, this one looks like 3d tracker, maybe this is CineCAT. You can get well known SynthEyes, if you want. Bojou is in 10X price class than two mentioned, I'm afraid only luchiferMauricioPC wrote: Now ... the tracking tool does looks interesting, but it brings me some questions. Isn't After Effects already bundled with a tracking solution? And since almost all C4D users use After, why they would need another one?
(
-
luchifer
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 20:27
- Location: Lima, Perú
Re: Enough trying to guess ... C4D R16 is here!
hehe you are right, its the excitement of the announcement. But, seeing the greyscallegorilla examples, It already does more than After Effects can handle.
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: Enough trying to guess ... C4D R16 is here!
The modeling pne and the tracker are two good improvements.
-
Daniel Brassard
- Posts: 878
- Joined: 18 Mar 2010, 22:38
- Location: St. Thomas, Ontario
Re: Enough trying to guess ... C4D R16 is here!
Siggraph 2014 - Live C4D Presentation starting soon showing what's new.
http://www.c4dlive.com/?utm_source=Grey ... 9a5505aa7a
http://www.c4dlive.com/?utm_source=Grey ... 9a5505aa7a
$ifndef "Softimage"
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif