How can i store pointPositions at the beginning of the sim

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
biOss
Posts: 10
Joined: 27 Mar 2012, 08:43

How can i store pointPositions at the beginning of the sim

Post by biOss » 18 Jul 2014, 09:41

Hi there,
Is there a diffrences between polyMesh points and point cloud points? It seems it does.
I 've triying to deform a grid with a Cube object and "Test inside Geomety" node. When a point on the grid inside of the deformer cube object, ICE simply adds a value, which is 0,1,0 value multiplied by simulation step, to that point. When that point outside of that deformer cube object I want grid point turn back to their first position. I can make that setup with pointCloud grid.
There is a "Emit Position" node for storing first position of Point Cloud. But with polymesh object it doesn't work.
So I try to manually store the first position of the polymesh grid object with that setup
"Get Point Position"--> "Set Point Position" --> "Execute Once". I assume that this node for that kind of operations. Saddly I couldn't success.
Then I dublicate the grid mesh and with "Switch Context" node I made some improvement on my setup.
Is there a way to store pointPositions of a mesh object at the begining of the simulation without adding a clone Mesh.

Here is the screenShot.
https://yadi.sk/i/Ujy1sNKWWqaLK

User avatar
xsisupport
Posts: 713
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
Location: Montreal Canada

Re: How can i store pointPositions at the beginning of the sim

Post by xsisupport » 18 Jul 2014, 15:08

In the Modeling stack, store the point positions in an attribute.
// Steve Blair
// "You're not a runner, you're just a guy who runs" -- my wife
//
// My Blogs: Arnold | Softimage