I have a copies made with Create copies from mesh (see attached image).
I need set rotation individually for each copy. This is, a control for set orientation manually.
Think in get index of each copy and set to Transform per copy rotation. However need each copy is also aligned by polygon normal, as in this moment.
[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1405610322093.jpg[/attachment]
In essence I need a result like align one edge of each copy with one edge of each triangle. Would be the max edge length or set manually clusters from selected edges by hand.
Orientation individually for copies
-
Unaided
- Posts: 62
- Joined: 26 Feb 2014, 15:35
Orientation individually for copies
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Pancho
- Posts: 659
- Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28
Re: Orientation individually for copies
If you would use "Convert instances to mesh" you'll get a "instanceID" integer per vertex. This way you can receive data from its master particle in the point cloud (ID to location). So you can apply the particles orientation to the polymesh or you can use the filter node to apply transformations only to polygon islands (your instance mesh).
But probably your problem is of another kind since I didn't understand it 100%.
Cheers
But probably your problem is of another kind since I didn't understand it 100%.
Cheers
-
Unaided
- Posts: 62
- Joined: 26 Feb 2014, 15:35
Re: Orientation individually for copies
Thanks for your reply!
Currently I not using emit from surface for make this. I use Create copies from polygon mesh, and position for copies I get from PolygonPosition. You want said I use pointcloud template to positioning the copies?
However I think is possible get copies ID directly. In fact, Transform per Copy operator is affecting orientation of each copy. Happens that I use Direction to Rotation to align those copies by polygonNormal already.
The control I find would be like if select one polyisland of this mesh, and rotate manually in reference mode (picking polygon set reference plane).
Currently I not using emit from surface for make this. I use Create copies from polygon mesh, and position for copies I get from PolygonPosition. You want said I use pointcloud template to positioning the copies?
However I think is possible get copies ID directly. In fact, Transform per Copy operator is affecting orientation of each copy. Happens that I use Direction to Rotation to align those copies by polygonNormal already.
The control I find would be like if select one polyisland of this mesh, and rotate manually in reference mode (picking polygon set reference plane).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.