Beta is free, needs only registration, but also can be bought for 25$ said to be half price of the regular version - so to be expected a 50$ final price.Ormr is a fast, light-weight, cross-platform procedural graphics editor that lets
you tweak any action you have ever performed - organized by layer.
SEAMLESS VECTOR & RASTER
Ormr seamlessly integrates both vector and raster editing, automatically converting between the two as necessary. This not only makes it extremely versatile and suitable for any taks from interface design to photo retouching, but also lets you apply purely raster effects and filters to vector shapes without losing any vector data.
TRUE NON-DESTRUCTIVE EDITING
Ormr is the first editor to allow true non-destructive editing. Every filter, effect, brush stroke or vector edit you apply is stored separately, and nothing is baked in. This allows you to come back to anything you've done in the past and adjust it - without redoing all of the subsequent work. Even brush strokes are editable after you've drawn them!
16-BIT PER CHANNEL EVERYTHING
Ormr is a purely 16-bit per channel application. Everything, including images, shape colors, masks, and any other color data is stored with 16 bits per channel. This means you never lose precision and color accuracy, allowing for the most vibrant and precise images to be created.
In Ormr, everything is numerically adjustable - all the time, long after the initial effect has been applied. You can tweak and adjust every detail to your heart's delight until your creation is absolutely perfect.
BEST-IN-CLASS PSD IMPORTER
Unlike many other apps that claim to import Adobe Photoshop PSD file, yet import minimal information, Ormr imports practically everything. Not only does Ormr's PSD importer support layers and groups, it also imports masks on both of them, layer blending modes, and even layer blending effects - on both layers and groups!
LAYER BLENDING EFFECTS
Ormr features a full suite of blending effects, including drop shadows, inner and outer glows, stroking, inner shadows, and bevelling. These versatile effects allow you to easily edit layer shapes without changing layer style, as well as help with compatibility with other applications.
DIGITAL TABLET SUPPORT
Ormr features excellent digital tablet support, recoginizing the drawing vs. the eraser tip of the brush, pen pressure, and scene scrolling with the digital pen alone. Brush settings also support ability to control aspects such as opacity, size, and any other setting with pen pressure - all customizable by you.
These amazing features are just the tip of the iceberg. Integrating all of them to work together creates an unparalleled application, that, when mixed in with our unique procedural approach results in a truly first-of-its kind, next generation graphics editor. There's even more features than we describe here, such as live, on-canvas Liquify tool, layer masks, paint mask mode, customizable shape, gradient, brush and layer style libraries, and more.
Ormr even imports Adobe Photoshop™ Brush library files for added convenience. Moreover, we're not sitting still: we've got tons of amazing ideas for the future, and we're working hard on implementing them.
Ormr Image Editor - Public Beta
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Ormr Image Editor - Public Beta
http://getormr.com/features/
-
iamVFX
- Posts: 697
- Joined: 24 Sep 2010, 16:28
Re: Ormr Image Editor - Public Beta
Mac and Windows only. Cross-platform my ass...
-
Manticor
- Posts: 160
- Joined: 09 Jun 2011, 20:41
Re: Ormr Image Editor - Public Beta
Holy shit this is better than photoshop.Really intuitive.Everything is recorded and changeable later on .It feels like photoshop too
I like this A LOT!
I like this A LOT!
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: Ormr Image Editor - Public Beta
Are you testing it Manticor?
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Ormr Image Editor - Public Beta
I have tested it a bit today. It's a nice piece of software, especially at that price, but it needs (way) better documentation.
And personally I haven't been able yet to get a decent alpha channel out of it, but that's hopefully just me...
;)
And personally I haven't been able yet to get a decent alpha channel out of it, but that's hopefully just me...
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
myara
- Posts: 406
- Joined: 28 Sep 2011, 08:33
Re: Ormr Image Editor - Public Beta
I don't know how good it would be to replace Photoshop in our pipeline with it, but it does look promising.
I just downloaded the beta.
btw, How do you read Ormr ?
I just downloaded the beta.
btw, How do you read Ormr ?
M.Yara
Character Modeler | Softimage Generalist (sort of)
Character Modeler | Softimage Generalist (sort of)
-
angus_davidson
- Posts: 583
- Joined: 20 Dec 2012, 04:13
- Skype: ithacapellin
Re: Ormr Image Editor - Public Beta
Depends on how much of a head cold you have ;)myara wrote:I don't know how good it would be to replace Photoshop in our pipeline with it, but it does look promising.
I just downloaded the beta.
btw, How do you read Ormr ?
--
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University
-
forton
- Posts: 210
- Joined: 25 Nov 2011, 16:57
Re: Ormr Image Editor - Public Beta
My preferred app for painting right now is krita but this looks even more promising (I didn't like gimp).
I'm not an after effects user, I tried, but I always go back to fusion for comp.
If I can find a real good replacement for premiere I can skip adobe altogether.
What NLE's are you guys using?
P.S. Has anyone tried natron already? http://natron.inria.fr/ It's open source and you can use ofx plugins
I'm not an after effects user, I tried, but I always go back to fusion for comp.
If I can find a real good replacement for premiere I can skip adobe altogether.
What NLE's are you guys using?
P.S. Has anyone tried natron already? http://natron.inria.fr/ It's open source and you can use ofx plugins
Last edited by forton on 15 Jul 2014, 08:28, edited 1 time in total.
-
Manticor
- Posts: 160
- Joined: 09 Jun 2011, 20:41
Re: Ormr Image Editor - Public Beta
I tested it and after about 30 minutes I just bought it.It seems very promising and feels mostly like photoshop.
A couple of things that I found are missing though are not being able to save .psd files.... which is a bummer as I cant use 3dcoat or zbrush properly with it.Ive put in a request for it tho .
And the alpha channel doesn't seem to be saving out for tga or tiff..
But otherwise its well worth the money for $25
A couple of things that I found are missing though are not being able to save .psd files.... which is a bummer as I cant use 3dcoat or zbrush properly with it.Ive put in a request for it tho .
And the alpha channel doesn't seem to be saving out for tga or tiff..
But otherwise its well worth the money for $25
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Ormr Image Editor - Public Beta
Does this mean you did get one out through PNG? I wasn't succesful there either, I'm afraid.Manticor wrote:And the alpha channel doesn't seem to be saving out for tga or tiff..
Or what format did you use to get an alpha channel out?
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Manticor
- Posts: 160
- Joined: 09 Jun 2011, 20:41
Re: Ormr Image Editor - Public Beta
hmmm... I got alpha out using png .
Seems its like Photoshop 7 way of doing things... Flatten the layers to one layer ( delete the background layer) then get selection from alpha and delete..then it saves it out .
Works for tga too
Seems its like Photoshop 7 way of doing things... Flatten the layers to one layer ( delete the background layer) then get selection from alpha and delete..then it saves it out .
Works for tga too
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: Ormr Image Editor - Public Beta
I got alpha with tif and png. But i just make a mask in any layer. I don't merge or collapse the layers.
-
BenR
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 11 Jun 2009, 18:52
Re: Ormr Image Editor - Public Beta
I use Premiere but I'm looking forward to trying out the new DaVinci Resolve 11.forton wrote: What NLE's are you guys using?
Ben
-
forton
- Posts: 210
- Joined: 25 Nov 2011, 16:57
Re: Ormr Image Editor - Public Beta
Thanks Ben,
Davincy looks like a good alternative to premiere!
Davincy looks like a good alternative to premiere!
-
angus_davidson
- Posts: 583
- Joined: 20 Dec 2012, 04:13
- Skype: ithacapellin
Re: Ormr Image Editor - Public Beta
Have heard good things about da vinci resolve from our Film and Tv Dept. Apparenty much better at handling that variety of formats students seem honor bound to find.
We have pretty much dropped FCP X and our Premiere seats will be only one or two with our Adobe rationalising. We will be getting a few EDU Foundry Production suites so we will have Nuke, and by extension Nuke studio when that hits. Kinda hoping we can pretty much stick to Nuke Studio going forward.
We have pretty much dropped FCP X and our Premiere seats will be only one or two with our Adobe rationalising. We will be getting a few EDU Foundry Production suites so we will have Nuke, and by extension Nuke studio when that hits. Kinda hoping we can pretty much stick to Nuke Studio going forward.
--
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University
-
Jho
- Posts: 49
- Joined: 12 Feb 2013, 06:57
Re: Ormr Image Editor - Public Beta
This seems really interesting. I linked it to one of our texture artists because he has been looking for a replacement for PS for quite some time. He loves layer effects and the lack of those has been an instant deal breaker for him with the past photoshop-replacers.
This one seems to have those and even better, keeps them fully editable. The price is so low I think I'll try it out too.
EDIT:
By the way. It said on the kickstarter page of the project that scripting and the ability to make plug-ins is a big part of Ormr. Is that still true?
(Actions and making his own tools is another big thing for the texture guy I was talking about).
This one seems to have those and even better, keeps them fully editable. The price is so low I think I'll try it out too.
EDIT:
By the way. It said on the kickstarter page of the project that scripting and the ability to make plug-ins is a big part of Ormr. Is that still true?
(Actions and making his own tools is another big thing for the texture guy I was talking about).