Is it possible to UV unwrap parts of a mesh? Clusters?

General questions and troubleshooting SOFTIMAGE©
User avatar
Draise
Posts: 894
Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 18:48
Skype: ondraise
Location: Colombia

Is it possible to UV unwrap parts of a mesh? Clusters?

Post by Draise » 10 Jul 2014, 03:04

Pardon my somewhat.. maybe obvoius question, but I guess one is allowed to do that every now and then...

Is it possible to select and UV unwrap only upon a selection/cluster? I have part of a mesh alreayd unwrapped, frozen and set. But then I heavily modified the mesh and need to unwrap.. well only a part of it.

I will experiment, but I just wanted to hear your guys oppinion. :D

User avatar
myara
Posts: 406
Joined: 28 Sep 2011, 08:33

Re: Is it possible to UV unwrap parts of a mesh? Clusters?

Post by myara » 11 Jul 2014, 04:33

I don't think so. I would detach, unwrap and merge if possible.
If you can't (you have alive deformers) then do it with a duplicated object, and gator it.
M.Yara
Character Modeler | Softimage Generalist (sort of)