Maya crashes on startup!
I searched the web and this kind of problem seems to show up now and then with versions of maya since 6.5 or so.
As some people suggest I did:
Reinstalled maya,
I tried the newest and oldest nvidia drivers,
MAYA_DISABLE_CIP set to 1 in user variables,
Starting up from the commandline without plugin autoload,
Nothing works, it worked a month ago but since then I didn't use maya.
Now I want to test Maya it suddenly crashes.
asus ROG laptop
16GB ram
3D vision screen
GTX 770m
Nvidia drivers tested:327.23(newest) 337.88(oldest)
PS: softimage works fine
maya fatal error on startup
-
forton
- Posts: 210
- Joined: 25 Nov 2011, 16:57
maya fatal error on startup
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
BenR
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 11 Jun 2009, 18:52
Re: maya fatal error on startup
Any chance you installed Fabric Engine? Sometimes that can cause a conflict. That happened to me but there's a simple solution. I'd have to look it up though.
-
forton
- Posts: 210
- Joined: 25 Nov 2011, 16:57
Re: maya fatal error on startup
That might be it, thanks in advance for looking it up!
-
BenR
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 11 Jun 2009, 18:52
-
forton
- Posts: 210
- Joined: 25 Nov 2011, 16:57
Re: maya fatal error on startup
It works!
Thanks Ben!
Wouldn't that break fabric engine?There is a known issue with Fabric Engine and XGEN due to the PySide module we ship not being the same as the one XGEN uses within Maya. We're aiming to address this for the next version but in the meantime the easiest workaround is to simply rename the PySide folder found in C:\Program Files\Fabric Engine\Python so that XGEN finds the one it expects.
Thanks Ben!
-
BenR
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 11 Jun 2009, 18:52
Re: maya fatal error on startup
I actually never checked. Hopefully fabric would find the path to PySide.forton wrote:
Wouldn't that break fabric engine?
Thanks Ben!