Discussions about animating in SOFTIMAGE©
-
Shredder565
- Posts: 1107
- Joined: 02 Jan 2012, 19:04
Post
by Shredder565 » 30 Jun 2014, 14:28
this happens from time to time. It'll be perfectly fine in it's natively created scene. but when I import it into another shot, the feet will bunch up like they have arthritis. As you can see, only two of the models seem affected, and one is fine. it's all the same skeleton the only thing different about each mesh is mask color.
thanks
-
xsi_fanatic
- Posts: 283
- Joined: 06 Jun 2011, 01:08
Post
by xsi_fanatic » 06 Jul 2014, 05:16
Hi Shredder,
The XSI autorig is known to have stability issues. I'd highly recommend you switch to something else. If you cannot afford an auto rigger like Species, then Masashi Yamaguchi's MyRig is a free alternative. I highly recommend you download it and start using it as an alternative. It is very stable, and far more advanced than the rig you're using.
http://refnote.wordpress.com/2011/05/17 ... e/#more-68
Hope that helps
-
Shredder565
- Posts: 1107
- Joined: 02 Jan 2012, 19:04
Post
by Shredder565 » 07 Jul 2014, 14:18
it does look impressive. and it'd be nice to have more pro looking controls for animation, so I can have more variety with the shape animation I do.
but how easy is species to setup? would it work well for non human characters?
-
xsi_fanatic
- Posts: 283
- Joined: 06 Jun 2011, 01:08
Post
by xsi_fanatic » 07 Jul 2014, 20:31
Shredder565 wrote:it does look impressive. and it'd be nice to have more pro looking controls for animation, so I can have more variety with the shape animation I do.
but how easy is species to setup? would it work well for non human characters?
Species is quick and straight forward. The ninja turtles have humanoid body, so technically they count as human characters and should work well with Species. It does not support animals such as birds, dogs, cats, fish... basically anything that doesn't have a humanoid form.
-
Jho
- Posts: 49
- Joined: 12 Feb 2013, 06:57
Post
by Jho » 15 Jul 2014, 08:44
GEAR is free and awesome.
I use
GEAR for everything.
I'm sure Species will do great job with ninja turtles though.
-
forton
- Posts: 210
- Joined: 25 Nov 2011, 16:57
Post
by forton » 15 Jul 2014, 14:48
I had the same problem with the standard rig (which I like for it's simplicity b.t.w).
You have to check if only the motion channels have keyframes, once I had accidentally set keys on the constraint or static kine values and had the same effect.
-
Jho
- Posts: 49
- Joined: 12 Feb 2013, 06:57
Post
by Jho » 16 Jul 2014, 05:44
I also have had animation in global transforms, that causes some strange things to happen.