Double display with a laptop
I have a 17" 1920x1080 laptop but i have to do several tutorials while at home that a second display would be very helpful, my question is what size/resolution should i get this display.
Put the tutorial in the external monitor and have the application in laptop monitor.
Respect the 17" 1080 of my laptop and buy a monitor with that characteristics or go bigger?
Second Monitor Hardware question
-
luceric
- Posts: 1252
- Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08
Re: Second Monitor Hardware question
I've always had two screens with a workstations, but now I use a laptop as a workstation and I end up using 3 screen. (the macbook pro supports up to 4) In a two monitor setup, I've always used a big main monitor and a small one for secondary stuff.
It's worth it for your neck posture to avoid working on your laptop screen, because it's too low. if you agree with this, then you should buy a large monitor that you use as your main monitor. Then you could use your laptop screen for tutorials, IMs, or any secondary content.
Personally, my setup is a 1920x1200 for the main content, a 15 inch 1280x1080 for secondary content, and the laptop screen for third-level content. I've replicated the setup at work and at home.. I could not have it any other way but that's all personal preferences.
It's worth it for your neck posture to avoid working on your laptop screen, because it's too low. if you agree with this, then you should buy a large monitor that you use as your main monitor. Then you could use your laptop screen for tutorials, IMs, or any secondary content.
Personally, my setup is a 1920x1200 for the main content, a 15 inch 1280x1080 for secondary content, and the laptop screen for third-level content. I've replicated the setup at work and at home.. I could not have it any other way but that's all personal preferences.
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: Second Monitor Hardware question
Thanks luceric will take this into account, i most note that i have no problems working in my laptop for long hours, i am seated somewhat low in half reclined position.