As far as I understood Doritos are a way to use one null's (object's) SRTs to set another ones Static_Kinestate. This way I could have a controler follow it's position on a mesh for example.
In my way I'd like to have controlers on a curve which should help rotating the object around the curve's tangent direction (the object is deformed by the curve). With U values I calculate the position and rotation for these controlers. If I set their kine.global via ICE they follow the curve perfectly, BUT I can't rotate or move them anymore manually.
If I could change their static_kinestate instead of the kine.global, then they would follow the curve and I could still rotate them, right? Unfortunately it seems that setting the static_kinestate from within ICE isn't possible (or I do make a mistake). Do I need to make it the old fashioned way like in the TD survival video? This would be a mess to manually link all the parameters in case there are many nulls/controlers.
Anybody a tip or hint how this can be done with ICE? Responsive nulls, follwing their positions and orientations on a curve?
Cheers
Thomas
Doritos
-
mattmos
- Posts: 445
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 15:59
Re: Doritos
I'd probably have a parent null's movement being controlled on the curve and a child null which can freely move underneath it.
-
Pancho
- Posts: 659
- Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28
Re: Doritos
So simple that I even didn't think about it. Thanks!
BUT, is it possible to set the ref pose from within ICE? set data > self.static_kinestate?
BUT, is it possible to set the ref pose from within ICE? set data > self.static_kinestate?
-
mattmos
- Posts: 445
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 15:59
Re: Doritos
Not tried it but I don't see why not, using one null's global kine plugged into the static kinestate of another.
In a similar vein I've been using a child null's global kine offset from parent null global kine to drive point position deformation on top of envelopes for a while now. Works well for tweaking on top of existing shapes.
In a similar vein I've been using a child null's global kine offset from parent null global kine to drive point position deformation on top of envelopes for a while now. Works well for tweaking on top of existing shapes.
-
Pancho
- Posts: 659
- Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28
Re: Doritos
Thanks!
P.S.: Parenting works like a charm!
P.S.: Parenting works like a charm!