Ok, so here's the what I'm trying to get as an end result...
I have the balls being picked up by the large sphere, but they need to stay alive while stuck to the sphere for about short time (to be determined) and then delete. I've tried setting the age limit upon the first trigger, and then use a "delete particle" at execute at every frame in the following state. But that makes the particles fly away from the sphere.
What exactly could I do to make control the deletion of the particles after they have been "stuck" for a specified time? Please assume that I have no idea what I'm doing, because I barely do -- but hopefully I'll understand better afterwards. If you just say, "put a counter" or whatever I'll have no idea which port to plug it into -- and that's the problem. There seems to be 100 ways to get it wrong, but only one exact way to make it work the way I need.
This ice tree has it working almost correctly. The particles(red) get picked by the sphere and turn blue, but they will not delete. I can get them to delete as soon as the collision and pickup happens, but not to delay and then delete.
