Softimage Surface Pro ArtDock

Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)

Softimage Surface Pro ArtDockAuthor: Rick Rodriguez
From the si-community thread: Our favorite 3d application doesn't lend itself perfectly to running on a tablet and being controlled solely by pen and touch. For one thing, Softimage only runs in small fonts mode, so menus and touch targets can be tiny. But that didn't stop me from trying — Today I published a very beta ArtDock that I've tested successfully with Softimage 2015 on the Surface Pro 1 and 2. I probably went overboard with the keyboard shortcuts, but I think it's pretty cool to run XSI with only my fingertip and pen. Also, the latest version of the Mudbox dock is very "handy." :)) — If any of you have Surface Pros, I welcome your feedback.

Requires AutoHotkey. For more details and feedback, see Rick's entry on the Surface Pro Artist (archive) site

local backup: ArtDock.zip

General discussion about 3D DCC and other topics
IslandDreamer
Posts: 58
Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 17:57

Softimage Surface Pro ArtDock

Post by IslandDreamer » 09 Jun 2014, 19:09

Our favorite 3d application doesn't lend itself perfectly to running on a tablet and being controlled solely by pen and touch. For one thing, Softimage only runs in small fonts mode, so menus and touch targets can be tiny. But that didn't stop me from trying.

Image

Today I published a very beta ArtDock that I've tested successfully with Softimage 2015 on the Surface Pro 1 and 2. I probably went overboard with the keyboard shortcuts, but I think it's pretty cool to run XSI with only my fingertip and pen.

Also, the latest version of the Mudbox dock is very "handy." :))

If any of you have Surface Pros, I welcome your feedback. http://surfaceproartist.com/blog/2014/6 ... timage-too

User avatar
Draise
Posts: 894
Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 18:48
Skype: ondraise
Location: Colombia

Re: Softimage Surface Pro ArtDock

Post by Draise » 09 Jun 2014, 22:01

Ha! Genious. I am planning to get the Surface Pro 3 once I have my savings up for that!

About the interface, can it also be transparent? How customizable is it? Can you add buttons? Great work!

IslandDreamer
Posts: 58
Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 17:57

Re: Softimage Surface Pro ArtDock

Post by IslandDreamer » 10 Jun 2014, 02:03

Thanks. The actual dock can be made up of any images you want. Adding or subtracting buttons is a piece of cake. I haven't played with transparency, but that may be possible.

Unfortunately, no one in the art community has managed to produce an ArtDock that's compatible with N-Trig devices. So for the time being at least, this won't work with the Surface Pro 3.

Bullit
Moderator
Posts: 2621
Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44

Re: Softimage Surface Pro ArtDock

Post by Bullit » 10 Jun 2014, 02:09

That's neat.

Manticor
Posts: 160
Joined: 09 Jun 2011, 20:41

Re: Softimage Surface Pro ArtDock

Post by Manticor » 12 Aug 2014, 20:56

i cant seem to be able to get the softimage part to show up .