Can someone help me turbulize these point positions...

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
User avatar
Pete
Posts: 118
Joined: 16 Jun 2009, 07:28

Can someone help me turbulize these point positions...

Post by Pete » 09 Jun 2014, 07:06

Hi All,
I'm just working on a little Ice compound to scatter objects around an intersection with another object, and I wanted to be able to turbulize to original reference points but I keep getting a contextual error :(
Image

Does anyone know a way around this!
Image

Thanks
Pete

User avatar
xsisupport
Posts: 713
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
Location: Montreal Canada

Re: Can someone help me turbulize these point positions...

Post by xsisupport » 09 Jun 2014, 14:35

What is "polymsh" in your scene? Is that the object to which the ICE tree is applied?

The context message says "polymsh.polymsh", so I assume polymsh is the output of some op like Merge.
// Steve Blair
// "You're not a runner, you're just a guy who runs" -- my wife
//
// My Blogs: Arnold | Softimage

User avatar
Pete
Posts: 118
Joined: 16 Jun 2009, 07:28

Re: Can someone help me turbulize these point positions...

Post by Pete » 10 Jun 2014, 01:32

Hi Steve!

I checked out a bunch of your tutes to try and find the answer but I'm still stumped...
The "polymsh" is from creating an empty poly mesh to create the scatter compound in.
If you feel like having a look, drag this model into an empty scene. (Can you do that straight from the browser?)
http://www.naffupdate.com/forumfiles/In ... fAUI4.emdl

Thanks,
Pete

User avatar
xsisupport
Posts: 713
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
Location: Montreal Canada

Re: Can someone help me turbulize these point positions...

Post by xsisupport » 10 Jun 2014, 11:12

Turbulize Around Value contains a Get Particle Position node, and that forces the context to per-point of polymsh (polymsh is the object to which the ICE Tree op is applied).

You need to unplug that Get Particle Position and provide a per-point of "Object A" value. Then you can turbulize that.

And yes, you can drag an .emdl from the browser into the Softimage viewport :)
// Steve Blair
// "You're not a runner, you're just a guy who runs" -- my wife
//
// My Blogs: Arnold | Softimage