Maybe I need sleep. But when I ctrl+alt+D (Duplicate without options) a branch of items - usually with a null root that's been middle-clicked - it duplicates all the objects downstream ... but puts the duplicate objects "up" one level in my hierarchy. So I'm constantly having to go and find where "up" in the scene structure the new duplicate branch of objects has gone and drag it back next to the original that was duped.
I swearrrrrrrr it wasn't always like this.
If I branch selected and duplicated the results would be parked right next to the original branch. Nulls or models - doesn't seem to matter...
Thank you,
Marc
Duplicate ... Bumps "Up" One in Hierarchy?
-
chepmedia
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 27 Jun 2013, 20:19
Re: Duplicate ... Bumps "Up" One in Hierarchy?
Hahaha... I never put an actual "question" in my post -
---> Is this the way it works with everyone else when they Duplicate a branch of objects? The duplicates move "up" in the hierarchy by one level every time? Or is my install broken?
I really don't remember duplicating behaving like this.
Thanks,
Marc
---> Is this the way it works with everyone else when they Duplicate a branch of objects? The duplicates move "up" in the hierarchy by one level every time? Or is my install broken?
I really don't remember duplicating behaving like this.
Thanks,
Marc