2015 to 2014?

General questions and troubleshooting SOFTIMAGE©
Pancho
Posts: 659
Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28

2015 to 2014?

Post by Pancho » 04 Jun 2014, 09:10

So far I didn't encounter this problem with former versions, but when I exported a SI 2015 model to import it into SI 2014 I run into an error message. Is there no way to do this, export from 2015 to 2014? That the scene won't open is o.k., but a model shouldn't depend so much on the SI version, should it?!

Cheers
Thomas

User avatar
mattmos
Posts: 445
Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 15:59

Re: 2015 to 2014?

Post by mattmos » 04 Jun 2014, 09:25

Unfortunately models do suffer from previous version incompatibility.

Could try exporting as fbx or obj, unless its a rigged model in which case you're a bit stuffed.

Pancho
Posts: 659
Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28

Re: 2015 to 2014?

Post by Pancho » 04 Jun 2014, 09:36

Luckily I just started in 2015 and haven't been too far into the project, so I don't really suffer currently, but for the future it might be worth to know that this is a one way ticket.

Thanks, Matt!

NNois
Posts: 754
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 18:33

Re: 2015 to 2014?

Post by NNois » 04 Jun 2014, 10:20

well this one way exist from the very first version... it's not a 2014-15 thing

julca
Posts: 145
Joined: 07 Sep 2012, 12:24

Re: 2015 to 2014?

Post by julca » 04 Jun 2014, 11:11

Hello,
You can export a .xsi using crosswalk. It preserve materials and many xsi parameters.

Pancho
Posts: 659
Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28

Re: 2015 to 2014?

Post by Pancho » 04 Jun 2014, 11:34

Thanks!