Discussions regarding Materials, Material-Compounds or Shaders, etc.
-
brudney
- Posts: 28
- Joined: 20 Jun 2009, 15:08
Post
by brudney » 28 May 2014, 18:56
Hi guys!
A quick question: is there a way to batch bake animated weight map to texture?
I have about 500 frames of changing weight map that needs to get baked to a texture sequence and I don't feel like doing every frame manually...
Thank you!
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Post
by Hirazi Blue » 28 May 2014, 19:58
If it's one animated weight map I'd use a Color_Map_Lookup to get it into the Render Tree as a replacement for the current shading on the object and rendermap the result.
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
brudney
- Posts: 28
- Joined: 20 Jun 2009, 15:08
Post
by brudney » 28 May 2014, 20:39
Hey thanks!
That's exactly what i'm doing. However, when I apply Rendermap attribute to my geo, I can bake one frame at a time only - as opposed to batch baking the whole time range. Instead of pressing 'bake' for each frame, I want SI to automate the process.
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Post
by Hirazi Blue » 28 May 2014, 20:52
Oops, slight oversight., in other words, I stupidly forgot to mentiom:
You should additionally use something like Leo's
Rendermap Sequence Script
For large amonts of frames you'll probably need this variant from the German xsiforum rewritten by derJanosch in JScript::
http://xsiforum.de/thread.php?postid=106257#post106257
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Pooby
- Posts: 501
- Joined: 27 Aug 2010, 20:25
Post
by Pooby » 28 May 2014, 21:20
It's very easy to set this up with helge mathee's pixel particles.
-
brudney
- Posts: 28
- Joined: 20 Jun 2009, 15:08
Post
by brudney » 29 May 2014, 22:28
thank you guys! Leo's script worked great! :]