Greenprint of streaming vs shipping

General discussion about 3D DCC and other topics
Pancho
Posts: 659
Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28

Greenprint of streaming vs shipping

Post by Pancho » 27 May 2014, 09:58

With all these video plattforms popping up currently, does anybody know about a nice website where one get an idea how bad it is to actually use these services compared to regular selling a blu ray or cd?

I found a pdf which was based on dvd, but this is definitely over and out. Blu ray and HD content are standard now more or less. I just fear the arrival of 4k (how bad will it become, 8k, 16k?), as this is for sure an energy catastrophe for our environment.

I guess old fashioned terestrial broadcasting was an energy saver compared to the new fancy ways to get hold of content.

Seems ridiculous to prohibit regular 100W light bulbs, but give all streaming services a go.

Cheers
Thomas

P.S.: My 3-6W LED lights indeed make quite a nice light, not so bad compared to regular light bulbs. : )