Intersection Location?

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
User avatar
probiner
Posts: 127
Joined: 17 Apr 2013, 09:52

Intersection Location?

Post by probiner » 25 May 2014, 13:21

Image
Expectations: Get an array of intersection points between sphere and curve so I can constrain a Null to it. Boolean Location, or something?

Later one maybe te something between two meshes, but I guess that will be a lot of points...

Looked here: http://download.autodesk.com/global/docs/softimage2014/en_us/userguide/index.html?url=files/iceref_Get_Geometry_Sample.htm,topicNumber=d30e332031
Don't think any of those can help me. Any clues?

Cheers

User avatar
csaez
Posts: 253
Joined: 09 Jul 2012, 13:31
Skype: csaezmargotta
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Intersection Location?

Post by csaez » 25 May 2014, 20:01

Hi probiner,
What about a 'point in volume' node? you can get the intersections simply comparing the bool of each sample with its neighbors (if there's a switch then it's an intersection point).

Cheers

User avatar
probiner
Posts: 127
Joined: 17 Apr 2013, 09:52

Re: Intersection Location?

Post by probiner » 31 May 2014, 09:53

Hey Cesar. Thanks for chiming in.

I have had thought of that approach but didn't tried to implement it since I was wondering if there was already a settled solution for this.

Had some strange issues with curve. VertexIndex shows a geometry output... Neighbors doesn't work, so I couldn't retrieve the data I've set like you pointed out to me.

Image



Managed to get the closest location intersection with a 512 point curve. You can imagine that it twitches between the top and the bottom intersections when I move the curve. :P

Image

Cheers