objects floating on Lagoa particles
-
samonty
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 14 May 2014, 15:46
objects floating on Lagoa particles
I've been trying to have boxes floating slightly submerged in water that was created with Lagoa. I'm having a very difficult time making this work and I can't seem to find any useful information. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make this work?
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: objects floating on Lagoa particles
Sorry for the late reply.
Maybe the "FloatOnSueface" (typo by the author) Addon by msk can help.
The file itself can be downloaded here,
while this is a little video that accompanied it:
Never tried this with Lagoa, but it might be worth a shot... ;)
Maybe the "FloatOnSueface" (typo by the author) Addon by msk can help.
The file itself can be downloaded here,
while this is a little video that accompanied it:
Never tried this with Lagoa, but it might be worth a shot... ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
samonty
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 14 May 2014, 15:46
Re: objects floating on Lagoa particles
Thank you for the reply! I've been messing with that addon and aaOcean, which both seem like a much lighter option than Lagoa. I currently can't seem to get the model to float, though.
The compound isn't giving me any colors indicating there's a mismatch or error, but the model just stays stationary. Maybe I'm not fully understanding the compound. My setup is pretty much the same as this one: https://www.si-community.com/forum/d ... d=3472&t=1
Newcomer (<20 posts) alert: please use the URL tags - HB
Newcomer (<20 posts) alert: please use the URL tags - HB
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: objects floating on Lagoa particles
Sorry, although I never tried it myself, I had assumed it was self-evident,
otherwise I wouldn't have suggested it, but it clearly isn't.
I will try to have a closer look at it, time permitting.
;)
otherwise I wouldn't have suggested it, but it clearly isn't.
I will try to have a closer look at it, time permitting.
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
sant0s
- Posts: 353
- Joined: 05 Sep 2011, 20:57
- Location: São Pedro de Moel
Re: objects floating on Lagoa particles
you have to create a new, empty Pointcloud, add an simulated ICETree to it and load that compound.
now plug a null, your object and the ocean surface in the ports and it should be done.
now plug a null, your object and the ocean surface in the ports and it should be done.