Is SI2015 stable?

General questions and troubleshooting SOFTIMAGE©
User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Is SI2015 stable?

Post by Hirazi Blue » 27 Apr 2014, 14:41

I don’t want to cry wolf, but I have been using Softimage 2015 for a couple of days now and have been experiencing a ridiculous amount of apparently random crashes, whilst doing very basic tasks (modeling, shading, rendering, i.e. I haven’t done any animation or simulation yet). So my question to you all is the following: does Softimage 2015 seem stable to you? And if not, have you perhaps already been able to narrow down where the crashes originate primarily? I have a suspicion, but I cannot yet pin it down.
:-?
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
Draise
Posts: 894
Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 18:48
Skype: ondraise
Location: Colombia

Re: Is SI2015 stable?

Post by Draise » 27 Apr 2014, 18:33

Yeah, got a few, but it was due to working with older files and their shaders from third party plugins or scripts. I quickly ironed them out after updating those project files.

User avatar
druitre
Posts: 471
Joined: 25 Jun 2009, 21:35

Re: Is SI2015 stable?

Post by druitre » 28 Apr 2014, 14:53

Yeah, I stopped using it as I want to get on with my project. Crashed almost instantly (heavy scene full of foresterscatters and rendering with redshift). Perhaps I have time to debug later on.