Roman Soldier

Comments on work in progress
ronaldomiranda
Posts: 38
Joined: 04 Mar 2013, 12:01

Roman Soldier

Post by ronaldomiranda » 26 Apr 2014, 00:48

*

this is a project i have been working slowly for a while.
I have been shot a musical video with my 5d, and i am trying to make this animation for de music clipe.

its a catholic band, whose song its about the suffering of Christ, so will have some soldiers in Pontio Pilates Praetorim.

I will try to upload and update


I am doing all work in Softimage and Mudbox.

Image

Image

User avatar
grendizer
Posts: 94
Joined: 17 Apr 2010, 10:41
Skype: uforobotgrendizerus

Re: Roman Soldier

Post by grendizer » 26 Apr 2014, 22:14

Very nice work! The soldier is well done. The image seems a bit stretched horizontally ?
I love the building you posted. Would liie to see it entirely.
What's your next step for this project?
Keep us posted :)
Gz

User avatar
Draise
Posts: 894
Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 18:48
Skype: ondraise
Location: Colombia

Re: Roman Soldier

Post by Draise » 28 Apr 2014, 18:44

Yes! Looking great! I have a question, the knees of your character, are they..... like a toy joint? Or... is it apart of his clothes? But great work, the building is awesome.

User avatar
grendizer
Posts: 94
Joined: 17 Apr 2010, 10:41
Skype: uforobotgrendizerus

Re: Roman Soldier

Post by grendizer » 28 Apr 2014, 19:28

I think there's some kind of armor on his lower legs but yeah the shades are a bit weird

ronaldomiranda
Posts: 38
Joined: 04 Mar 2013, 12:01

Re: Roman Soldier

Post by ronaldomiranda » 07 May 2014, 20:33

Draise wrote:Yes! Looking great! I have a question, the knees of your character, are they..... like a toy joint? Or... is it apart of his clothes? But great work, the building is awesome.

its a simple clothing used by roman soldiers.
Maybe cant been seen at that distance, i will make some close ups!

ronaldomiranda
Posts: 38
Joined: 04 Mar 2013, 12:01

Re: Roman Soldier

Post by ronaldomiranda » 07 May 2014, 20:35

Image

I am working on texturing now, basic modeling its all done.
will get a lot ot time painting and texturing, but i think its worth.

ronaldomiranda
Posts: 38
Joined: 04 Mar 2013, 12:01

Re: Roman Soldier

Post by ronaldomiranda » 07 May 2014, 20:37

grendizer wrote:I think there's some kind of armor on his lower legs but yeah the shades are a bit weird
there's really not shading yet. Just a simple AO for help me visualize details.
thanx for your time and comments man ;)

ronaldomiranda
Posts: 38
Joined: 04 Mar 2013, 12:01

Re: Roman Soldier

Post by ronaldomiranda » 07 May 2014, 20:41

*

btw i forgot to mention the man used for this cg its the XSIman (if someone didnt notice yet)

i will not render close ups on theirs faces.
its just for give more realism to the palace

*