Digital Tutors - Maya for Softimage Artists

Discussions about migration to other software
kaizer_soze
Posts: 19
Joined: 16 Dec 2010, 09:05

Digital Tutors - Maya for Softimage Artists

Post by kaizer_soze » 10 Apr 2014, 12:23

Well, for those who don't mind to switch to MAYA, there is a new tutorial from Digital Tutors to help them stay back on our beloved giant AUTODESK Ship (whose silhouette slowly moving toward the bright future suspiciously reminds me of a TITANIC )


http://www.digitaltutors.com/11/training.php?pid=1563


Have a nice day, dear Softimage brothers and sisters ! :ymhug:

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Digital Tutors - Maya for Softimage Artists

Post by Hirazi Blue » 10 Apr 2014, 12:45

Let's hope Autodesk can come up with something better that doesn't require DT subscription. ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

angus_davidson
Posts: 583
Joined: 20 Dec 2012, 04:13
Skype: ithacapellin

Re: Digital Tutors - Maya for Softimage Artists

Post by angus_davidson » 10 Apr 2014, 15:06

When I get the chance this weekend ill have a look at it
--
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University

jill.ramsay
Posts: 41
Joined: 27 Mar 2014, 19:48

Re: Digital Tutors - Maya for Softimage Artists

Post by jill.ramsay » 10 Apr 2014, 21:11

We are actively working on producing transitional training materials which will of course be at no cost to users. I know they cannot come soon enough but I promise to let you know as soon as anything is available.

Regards,
Jill

neuk
Posts: 17
Joined: 29 Sep 2011, 08:00

Re: Digital Tutors - Maya for Softimage Artists

Post by neuk » 11 Apr 2014, 11:01

Transitioning from Ferrari to Reliant Robin.

User avatar
grendizer
Posts: 94
Joined: 17 Apr 2010, 10:41
Skype: uforobotgrendizerus

Re: Digital Tutors - Maya for Softimage Artists

Post by grendizer » 11 Apr 2014, 11:31

I didn't know this car brand so I searched and found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQh56geU0X8 :)

neuk
Posts: 17
Joined: 29 Sep 2011, 08:00

Re: Digital Tutors - Maya for Softimage Artists

Post by neuk » 11 Apr 2014, 12:05

:D it does resemble the maya experience.

User avatar
MauricioPC
Moderator
Posts: 1089
Joined: 16 Sep 2013, 11:39

Re: Digital Tutors - Maya for Softimage Artists

Post by MauricioPC » 11 Apr 2014, 12:46

grendizer wrote:I didn't know this car brand so I searched and found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQh56geU0X8 :)

It's nearly impossible to not laugh at the first turn. =))

neuk
Posts: 17
Joined: 29 Sep 2011, 08:00

Re: Digital Tutors - Maya for Softimage Artists

Post by neuk » 11 Apr 2014, 13:18

"Oh no, I've crashed it, I've crashed it almost immediately!!!" :ymdevil:

User avatar
MauricioPC
Moderator
Posts: 1089
Joined: 16 Sep 2013, 11:39

Re: Digital Tutors - Maya for Softimage Artists

Post by MauricioPC » 11 Apr 2014, 13:58

Some say this is Softimage ...




After being crashed, thrown at the sea, burned and demolished from the top of the Autodesk HQ, it's still works! :ymdevil:

luceric
Posts: 1252
Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08

Re: Digital Tutors - Maya for Softimage Artists

Post by luceric » 11 Apr 2014, 16:55

that top gear video is hillarious!

the digital tutor video, though, I watched most of it and it's just useful if you have never opened Maya at all. It's worth a watch but I wouldn't sign up to DT for it

SpookyMunky
Posts: 102
Joined: 14 Jun 2012, 00:30

Re: Digital Tutors - Maya for Softimage Artists

Post by SpookyMunky » 12 Apr 2014, 18:41

Really not sure if a Toyota Hilux is the best example.. from life experience yeah they last forever but not in a good way for the end user... this is purely me talking about the truck but lol, yes its great for farm owners etc - people that don't have to use it, usually most hated by the people that actually have to drive it since they wont die a gracefull death forcing the owner to buy something new.... not sure how this fits in with xsi, sorry.. just struck me as an unfortunate analogy hehe.