whats the best way to animate this

Discussions about animating in SOFTIMAGE©
rpmaguire
Posts: 67
Joined: 04 Feb 2013, 04:54
Skype: eyekeystudio

whats the best way to animate this

Post by rpmaguire » 21 Mar 2014, 19:35

the red "fluid" is a mesh and I have connected a slice to a grid, which I have animated moving from left to right.

At the part where It bends though it doesn't portray realistically...
How would I Animated the "Bends" so it would seem like the fluid is traveling through the conduit's.

I was thinking about seperating the mesh at the bends and using multiple animated slices with grids as each part meets each other.. seems kindy messy though.

Or maybe I should finally learn lagoa? lol

Thanks,
RYan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
grendizer
Posts: 94
Joined: 17 Apr 2010, 10:41
Skype: uforobotgrendizerus

Re: whats the best way to animate this

Post by grendizer » 23 Mar 2014, 15:29

Shapes maybe? :-$