Hello
I have a character that when I come to envelope, the mesh shifts out of position and out of alignment of the mesh.
Before enveloping I have made sure it is frozen, all transforms are frozen, center point is to verticies.
I have also tried extracting the mesh and doing the above, but no joy.
**Update**
I noticed its the upper body that shifts down.
I can tag points translate back into place, then freeze model and continue with seemingly no issues.
Doesn't seem best practice though!
Any input or advice would be appreciated,
Thanks,
j
envelope cause the model to move out of alignment
-
Mathaeus
- Posts: 1778
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 19:11
- Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Re: envelope cause the model to move out of alignment
looks like skeleton is not into reference pose - that is, in pose you used when applying the envelope to first mesh. So your choice probably is, to go into reference pose, before applying the envelope to new mesh. Or, branch select the skeleton and go to animate>envelope>Set reference poses.
-
juca
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 05 Nov 2012, 00:01
Re: envelope cause the model to move out of alignment
Thank you Mathaeus!
That was it, problem resolved!
cheers,
j
That was it, problem resolved!
cheers,
j