As this is the Migration forum I’m sure you all know where this is going: are there any good tutorials
specifically designed to ease the transition of Softimage users to Maya?
afaik there's very old one short pdf, from times of our pdfs in different direction, here. Otherwise, Gnomon.Hirazi Blue wrote:So here’s the deal: as much as it pains me to admit it, I currently see no other choice than to take Autodesk up on their offer to migrate to Maya. As to the why, let’s just say that the decision is purely a financial matter and leave it at that.
As this is the Migration forum I’m sure you all know where this is going: are there any good tutorials
specifically designed to ease the transition of Softimage users to Maya?
Then perhaps we could rename the site to SI-Transition-Community, since SI is no longer usable.Hirazi Blue wrote: I currently see no other choice than to take Autodesk up on their offer to migrate to Maya.
I will agree to that, I think I got carried away to emphasize my point.Hirazi Blue wrote: .. placing the smiley (dreaming of some friendly tutorials) out of context is a bit strange
Not 100% sure, but I think this very very short list is valid today, too.Hirazi Blue wrote:@Mathaeus – Thanks for that, but considering it still has an Alias logo on it, I seriously wonder how outdated it might be.
can't do that on a treadmill, but IMHO this guy is completely right.I know it's boring but I will be doing page by page manual, no thing helped me as much in softimage.
Hello! I would say I don't really like most of the DT stuff (digital tutors right?), it's really basic and not really what most people use in production most of the time (I stopped watching their stuff last year, so possibly they could be a lot better now? But probably notHirazi Blue wrote:So here’s the deal: as much as it pains me to admit it, I currently see no other choice than to take Autodesk up on their offer to migrate to Maya. As to the why, let’s just say that the decision is purely a financial matter and leave it at that.
As this is the Migration forum I’m sure you all know where this is going: are there any good tutorials
specifically designed to ease the transition of Softimage users to Maya?