Fabric engine forum section

General discussion about 3D DCC and other topics
telepatam
Posts: 19
Joined: 09 Dec 2010, 16:13

Fabric engine forum section

Post by telepatam » 04 Mar 2014, 18:56

Well now that softimage is uh retired and most people are looking for an alternative , perhaps we should create a forum section here for discussing fabric engine. After all it was created by ex softimage team and it seems to be where most of softimage users place their hopes for the future.
---------------------
what is dead may never die :D

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Fabric engine forum section

Post by Hirazi Blue » 04 Mar 2014, 19:18

As a start we opened the Fabric Q&A thread two days ago... ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

FabricPaul
Posts: 188
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 14:17

Re: Fabric engine forum section

Post by FabricPaul » 04 Mar 2014, 20:41

I'll post in that thread in the next few days - I don't think it's the time to be pitching alternatives. I'll just post what I wrote on our FB page:

I met my wife through both of us working for Softimage. Softimage moved me from the UK over to Montreal to start a new life with her. All three founders of Fabric are ex-Softimage. All but one of our engineers are ex-Softimage. I made a lot of friends over the years selling XSI to people in Europe and N.America. It's a sad day to see such a piece of VFX history go out like this. I owe some of the best things in my life to that little piece of software.

My wife (Anick, voice of the face robot videos) and I are both more upset than we expected. Our commiserations and thoughts go with everyone affected by this.