Cell Phone

Comments on work in progress
a5'
Posts: 66
Joined: 13 Dec 2009, 20:53
Location: hampton,nj

Cell Phone

Post by a5' » 16 Feb 2010, 21:10

Hi,

I tried to model my cell some time ago and had a great deal of trouble. I decided to have another go at it. Still not that good at modeling this type of thing.


This is the phone
phone.jpg
This is the model
cell.jpg
Here's a shot showing the edges,
edges.jpg
any suggestions.

Thanks,

a5'
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by a5' on 19 Feb 2010, 13:22, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Diurno
Posts: 242
Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 07:50

Re: Cell Phone

Post by Diurno » 17 Feb 2010, 11:55

wel... the segmentation it's not really good... try to keep it linear; the piece in the center don't force it to make the "circular piece", but make it as another object.

a5'
Posts: 66
Joined: 13 Dec 2009, 20:53
Location: hampton,nj

Re: Cell Phone

Post by a5' » 18 Feb 2010, 16:26

Diurno wrote:wel... the segmentation it's not really good... try to keep it linear; the piece in the center don't force it to make the "circular piece", but make it as another object.

Thanks for the reply,

I understood that you said to keep away from having "forced" shapes out of the editing cage.

And, that I should try and do the other pieces as separate.

-- I tried to do that but then started again.

I will do the other pieces separate, I think, though


Thanks,

a5'

new::
Cell_Feb18.jpg

wire one
cell_feb18_wire.JPG

wire two
cell_feb18_wire2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
watch the game starts after you accept the part, to redirect your mind.
--n.O.[SP]

a5'
Posts: 66
Joined: 13 Dec 2009, 20:53
Location: hampton,nj

Re: Cell Phone--

Post by a5' » 20 Feb 2010, 08:22

More Progress. I have to straiten out the curve at the bottom ( lower left) but I am having a hard time getting the sub-d's to behave. Even when I remove the sub-d's, to straiten...?
cell_feb20.jpg

wire's
c_wire_feb20.JPG
c_wireII_feb20.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
watch the game starts after you accept the part, to redirect your mind.
--n.O.[SP]

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Cell Phone

Post by Hirazi Blue » 20 Feb 2010, 09:41

Thread has been moved (and I changed the title back again)! :D
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

a5'
Posts: 66
Joined: 13 Dec 2009, 20:53
Location: hampton,nj

Re: Cell Phone

Post by a5' » 20 Feb 2010, 20:54

Thanks, I wasn't sure who's forum this was to moderate.

and thanks for changing it back.

a5'
watch the game starts after you accept the part, to redirect your mind.
--n.O.[SP]

a5'
Posts: 66
Joined: 13 Dec 2009, 20:53
Location: hampton,nj

Re: Cell Phone

Post by a5' » 23 Feb 2010, 09:48

more progress, I think its starting to look good, but there is something missing.
cell_feb23.jpg
c_wireI_feb23.JPG
c_wireII_feb23.JPG

Thanks for looking,

a5'
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
watch the game starts after you accept the part, to redirect your mind.
--n.O.[SP]

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Cell Phone

Post by Hirazi Blue » 23 Feb 2010, 09:51

Looks good! Keep it up! :-bd
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

a5'
Posts: 66
Joined: 13 Dec 2009, 20:53
Location: hampton,nj

Re: Cell Phone

Post by a5' » 23 Feb 2010, 10:08

Hirazi Blue wrote:Looks good! Keep it up! :-bd

Thanks for the encouragement,


a5'
watch the game starts after you accept the part, to redirect your mind.
--n.O.[SP]

a5'
Posts: 66
Joined: 13 Dec 2009, 20:53
Location: hampton,nj

Re: Cell Phone

Post by a5' » 27 Feb 2010, 15:53

I was just adjusting the lighting and the materials for a preliminary go-round. Here's some screen shots and a render region. Feedback?
Entire.JPG
cellwireIIfeb27.JPG
Cell feb 27.jpg

Thanks,

a5'
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
watch the game starts after you accept the part, to redirect your mind.
--n.O.[SP]