Pancho wrote:Did you do the example you are prersenting here with the skin wrinkles? If yes, how do you get the wrinkles from the stress computation? Are they prepainted and only their influence is changing or are they dynamically generated?
Cheers!
I'll show my demo in 1-2 weeks, not because its complicated but I have too much to do right now
Anyway to get the wrinkles showing while the character makes expressions what you need to do is use a static mesh and an animated mesh, then follow the tutorial Paul Smith did on the tension map.
Then, if you take a look at the displacement map tutorial you notice that Paul uses the pixel particles plugins, which allows you to write an animated map to disk.
Basically you need to bake the animated weightmap done with the tension map tutorial, then import that into the render tree.
What I'm doing is to create a "static" normal map ( face not moving ) and an "expression" normal map ( wrinkles on the eyes, forhead... ) and the animated mask need to be blended ( add ) with the normal map, and the animated mask you baked are driving the white areas of the masked animated map, allowing the "expression" mask to kick in and get the wrinkles showing
Hope its clear ;)
Thinking about not using pixel particles and not baking the weightmap I'm looking if there is a way to drive the blend between the normal maps using the arrays values in ICE, but with the mask you have a smooth and good result...needs some testing but I think that could be done easily ;)
Inside the Unreal Development Kit I'm using a different technique that is doing the same thing, but with the animated mask there is too mumch memory consumption, so I ended up using an alternative technique which works great...but sorry, I'm not sharing that one
