Spring Compound for rigging

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
scriblab
Posts: 5
Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 10:14

Spring Compound for rigging

Post by scriblab » 15 Feb 2014, 11:35

Hi!

Im pretty new to ICE and would like to explore some of its possiblities.

I would like to build so kind of spring solver.

Basically 2 nulls where when you move the upper null the lower null follows but
with spring like behaviour eg. wiggling/wobbling afterwards (eg. for secondary motion
effects).
I created an simulated ICE tree on the parent null and tried to get the force that
is applied to this null by getting the kine.global.pos from the previouse frame and subtracting
this value from the kine.global.pos from the current frame (absolute value) but I allways
get 0,0,0 because both values are the same (when playing, moving the null interactively).

When I keyframe the animation and play I get the force applied.

Is there any way of getting interactive results with ICE of this behaviour?

Im happy for any hints building my own spring solver! :)

Thanks in advance!

EricTRocks
Moderator
Posts: 754
Joined: 25 Nov 2009, 00:41

Re: Spring Compound for rigging

Post by EricTRocks » 15 Feb 2014, 13:08

Maybe change the 'Play mode' in the simulation environment's time control to 'interactive'?
Eric Thivierge
Lead Kraken Developer, Fabric Engine
http://fabric-engine.github.io/Kraken

NNois
Posts: 754
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 18:33

Re: Spring Compound for rigging

Post by NNois » 16 Feb 2014, 02:32

hi,
what are you trying to rig ? a belly or a tail ?

for the tail if you want learning, there's this nice guy who shared this using verlet if i recall right.https://vimeo.com/54133839

if it's for a jiggly belly deformer there's a scene gracely shared by alan fregman using again verlet here https://groups.google.com/d/msg/xsi_lis ... qvXAdXVWAJ

A+
Noël