Hey people,
it's all in the title ;)
My point is, I have a point cloud in which I want to pick
a certain amount of particles and i dont really mind which
points are picked up. I just want to be able to select a
certain number of particles without having to enter each
ID in a string to array dialog box.
May seem pretty obvious and straightforward to some of
you but unfortunately I cant figure out what I'm really
missing to make it work.
Thanks in advance
Cheers
How to get a given number of randomly chosen particles ?
-
Adam Kesher
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 24 Oct 2012, 09:38
- Location: Dijon, France
-
NNois
- Posts: 754
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 18:33
Re: How to get a given number of randomly chosen particles ?
Hi !
Get a "Test random probability" the ratio has to be between 0 and 1
A+
Get a "Test random probability" the ratio has to be between 0 and 1
A+
-
Adam Kesher
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 24 Oct 2012, 09:38
- Location: Dijon, France
Re: How to get a given number of randomly chosen particles ?
Hey
thanks a lot for the answer !
guess what, I have another question right now
What if I want to access that particular array
of points to, let's say, build another point cloud
based on those points ? can this array be
"memorized" in some way ?
Thanks !
thanks a lot for the answer !
guess what, I have another question right now
What if I want to access that particular array
of points to, let's say, build another point cloud
based on those points ? can this array be
"memorized" in some way ?
Thanks !
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: How to get a given number of randomly chosen particles ?
In an Empty point cloud make an Ice tree.
Get 1st point cloud point position>add point node>ice tree
Get 1st point cloud point position>add point node>ice tree
-
NNois
- Posts: 754
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 18:33
Re: How to get a given number of randomly chosen particles ?
humm,
to memorize and reuse later this array you need to collect it, there is two way, or you collect it an real array, or you don't collect it really but but a per particle "flag" on each to remember it, this "per point value" or "per object array".
Here a screenshoot that illustrate it.
With that on a new point cloud "cloud2" you can gather for example "get cloud1._mypositions > add point> etc...."
Or
if you are in per particle "get cloud1._im_selected > build array from set > find in array the true ones then select to point positions to create a new pcloud....
to memorize and reuse later this array you need to collect it, there is two way, or you collect it an real array, or you don't collect it really but but a per particle "flag" on each to remember it, this "per point value" or "per object array".
Here a screenshoot that illustrate it.
With that on a new point cloud "cloud2" you can gather for example "get cloud1._mypositions > add point> etc...."
Or
if you are in per particle "get cloud1._im_selected > build array from set > find in array the true ones then select to point positions to create a new pcloud....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Adam Kesher
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 24 Oct 2012, 09:38
- Location: Dijon, France
Re: How to get a given number of randomly chosen particles ?
Thanks guys for the answer
NNois yeah I figured out last evening that I could
store them points in a custom value and reuse them
afterwards but your screenshot made it easier for
me to understand how to return different types of
contexts. Also I didn't know that Build In Array could
manage boolean values.
have a nice day
NNois yeah I figured out last evening that I could
store them points in a custom value and reuse them
afterwards but your screenshot made it easier for
me to understand how to return different types of
contexts. Also I didn't know that Build In Array could
manage boolean values.
have a nice day