Hello...
I was wondering how I would go about creating this look using ICE.
Are there any type of Strand Tutorials I can reference to teach me these kinds of things?
thanks for the time,
How would I create this effect...
-
thorsnuts
- Posts: 153
- Joined: 08 Oct 2012, 17:42
How would I create this effect...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Helli
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 09:21
Re: How would I create this effect...
Try googling for Melena or Kristinka.
Those are tools with a collection of compounds making it easier to style strands and do different stuff when it comes to hair/fur.
Those are tools with a collection of compounds making it easier to style strands and do different stuff when it comes to hair/fur.
-
kosyan
- Posts: 28
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 18:02
Re: How would I create this effect...
I would recommend this: http://3dquakers.com/web/index.php?opti ... &Itemid=16 ;)
-
Helli
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 09:21
Re: How would I create this effect...
If it's about tutorials. This one might help you:
http://www.digitaltutors.com/tutorial/3 ... -Softimage
http://www.digitaltutors.com/tutorial/3 ... -Softimage
-
thorsnuts
- Posts: 153
- Joined: 08 Oct 2012, 17:42
Re: How would I create this effect...
Thanks guys...
I'll try out those tutorials.
thanks again,
I'll try out those tutorials.
thanks again,
-
Helli
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 09:21
Re: How would I create this effect...
hf
And if you got a specific question don't bother to ask. We gonna be glad to help.
And if you got a specific question don't bother to ask. We gonna be glad to help.
-
thorsnuts
- Posts: 153
- Joined: 08 Oct 2012, 17:42
Re: How would I create this effect...
Perfect!! thank you...
Here it goes... How would I have strands grow from an object toward its goal. Then while attached to both the emitter and the goal, have them keep their connection while I animate the goal to a specific place over a period of time?
Does that make sense? Could it be done?
Thanks for your time.
Here it goes... How would I have strands grow from an object toward its goal. Then while attached to both the emitter and the goal, have them keep their connection while I animate the goal to a specific place over a period of time?
Does that make sense? Could it be done?
Thanks for your time.
-
Helli
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 09:21
Re: How would I create this effect...
Thats allready a bit of an advanced question ;)
So it depends if you would like to generate the strand for each frame or simulate the strandpositions.
For generating them every frame you would move your particle with your emitter and then use an interpolate linear array to generate positions between your particle (starting point) and your goal position. You could then on top turbulice those values and finally plug it into a set data - self.strandposition.
So in the end all you need to do is, to calculate positions for your strandpoints beteween 2 points.
Or if you don't want to generate them every frame you need to set the strandpositions to a new value which you need to calculate.
So it depends if you would like to generate the strand for each frame or simulate the strandpositions.
For generating them every frame you would move your particle with your emitter and then use an interpolate linear array to generate positions between your particle (starting point) and your goal position. You could then on top turbulice those values and finally plug it into a set data - self.strandposition.
So in the end all you need to do is, to calculate positions for your strandpoints beteween 2 points.
Or if you don't want to generate them every frame you need to set the strandpositions to a new value which you need to calculate.
-
thorsnuts
- Posts: 153
- Joined: 08 Oct 2012, 17:42
Re: How would I create this effect...
That seems a bit complicated, but here is a drawing of what I'm trying to do. Hope this makes better sense...
So the strands would emit from the red dot and attached to the blue and pink shapes. Then I would animate the blue and pink shapes coming together as if the strand were pulling them together.
Thank you.
So the strands would emit from the red dot and attached to the blue and pink shapes. Then I would animate the blue and pink shapes coming together as if the strand were pulling them together.
Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.