first !
Did you succeed in using the multimatte output of Vray ?
I set id's of my objects to 1 with a VrayObject property, and put a multimatte in the output of my pass and set the red input to 1. Then I hide lights and turn off GI. But nothing.
Don't understand how it works.
Thanks
Vray Q&A
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: Vray Q&A
How does it works in Max? that will show you how probably works in Softimage.
-
julius
- Posts: 248
- Joined: 12 Jun 2009, 08:56
-
origin
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:59
- Location: warsaw
Re: Vray Q&A
In max it's the same. Dunno how the multimatte UI looks in xsi but in max you have to uncheck material ID (for object ID) and turn on r/g/b. Then render to multichannel exr, thats all, you don't need to render separate pass.
-
julius
- Posts: 248
- Joined: 12 Jun 2009, 08:56
Re: Vray Q&A
My rendering format is .tiff
I saw a max tutorial about that, and the only difference is that I don't use the Vray framebuffer. I'll try to access masks like that.
I saw a max tutorial about that, and the only difference is that I don't use the Vray framebuffer. I'll try to access masks like that.
-
julius
- Posts: 248
- Joined: 12 Jun 2009, 08:56
Re: Vray Q&A
Ok that's it : we must use the VRay framebuffer to access render elements such as masks, reflections and so on.
-
origin
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:59
- Location: warsaw
Re: Vray Q&A
Just installed demo. I don't see tiff format in vray image output. Exr multichannel/others renders multimatte just fine.
-
julius
- Posts: 248
- Joined: 12 Jun 2009, 08:56
Re: Vray Q&A
yes sorry, my output is .pic, no .tiff
Do you render with Vray framebuffer ?
Do you render with Vray framebuffer ?
-
origin
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:59
- Location: warsaw
-
julius
- Posts: 248
- Joined: 12 Jun 2009, 08:56
Re: Vray Q&A
mmm, so I think I got it : render elements are channels. These ones does not work like passes and are rendered with the main frame, at the same time.
So I was missing this point as I didn't saw directly the result in the render region. I'm so used to work with passes...
So I was missing this point as I didn't saw directly the result in the render region. I'm so used to work with passes...
-
angelous4x
- Posts: 133
- Joined: 06 Nov 2011, 04:24
- Location: new York
Re: Vray Q&A
Hey
this is a total stupid question.
can any one give me a walk though on how to add volume rendering for vray. and maybe a RGB matte for it?
just adding the volume shader from vray doesn't seem to work. is there anything extra i need to do?
this is a total stupid question.
can any one give me a walk though on how to add volume rendering for vray. and maybe a RGB matte for it?
just adding the volume shader from vray doesn't seem to work. is there anything extra i need to do?