Hello,
I am completely new to ICE.
I am trying to figure out how to get a "floating" compound to work with the "aaocean" plugin.
I have played with the aaocean plugin and feel I have a grasp on how to adjust it now, some features I'm not sure about like "ocean depth" ?
I have found 2 floating compounds
swimmer : https://www.si-community.com/forum/v ... =19&t=2911
&
float on surface :http://vimeo.com/25271566
Where do i go from here?
I'e been reading tutorials on ice, still learning..
Thanks,
RYan
EDIT BY OWEI: PLEAS USE URL TAGS, THANKS ;)
aaocean & floating compounds
-
rpmaguire
- Posts: 67
- Joined: 04 Feb 2013, 04:54
- Skype: eyekeystudio
aaocean & floating compounds
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
rpmaguire
- Posts: 67
- Joined: 04 Feb 2013, 04:54
- Skype: eyekeystudio
Re: aaocean & floating compounds
Would this topic be better in the "simulation" section?
-
owei
- Administrator
- Posts: 840
- Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 15:25
- Location: Siegen/Germany
Re: aaocean & floating compounds
Hi!
Sorry, I guess the compound I did years ago will not work anymore...Maybe I get time to fix it..
cheers,
oli
Sorry, I guess the compound I did years ago will not work anymore...Maybe I get time to fix it..
cheers,
oli
Founder of www.si-community.com
http://www.pixelpanic.de
http://www.pixelpanic.de
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: aaocean & floating compounds
Let me state the obvious: the Swimmer compound used the so-called "unsupported kinematics", a hack of the earliest incarnation of ICE that doesn't work anymore. So anything involving those "unsupported kinematics" shouldn't be and can't be used anymore. And that's not a bad thing necessarily, as those "unsupported kinematics" were extremely buggy, IIRC.

Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
rpmaguire
- Posts: 67
- Joined: 04 Feb 2013, 04:54
- Skype: eyekeystudio
Re: aaocean & floating compounds
Ok I have got the "Float on surface" node to work...
I have the controller object as a null...I have aligned this with the center of the boat and the ocean grid
Is this correct?
In this http://vimeo.com/25271566 video, I see what looks like implicit squares above the floating objects, are these the controllers?
I have the controller object as a null...I have aligned this with the center of the boat and the ocean grid
Is this correct?
In this http://vimeo.com/25271566 video, I see what looks like implicit squares above the floating objects, are these the controllers?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.