How do I go about this?

Discussions regarding modelling with SOFTIMAGE©
ajhorvath
Posts: 53
Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 15:45
Location: Tokyo,Japan

How do I go about this?

Post by ajhorvath » 04 Feb 2010, 08:50

Hi,
I am trying to model this Gothic window in XSI and just thinging about how do I go about it.
Anyone has an idea I sure would love it.
If I was in Max I would do it out of spline but I don't see any spline tools in SXI .
I do model gothic all the time so I will run into this a lot.
Love to find a nice clean way to model these.Just looking through XSI's Help manual to see if I can Find the right way to do this.
If you can please help,maybe some of you have done this in XSI.
Thank you very Much!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Diurno
Posts: 242
Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 07:50

Re: How do I go about this?

Post by Diurno » 04 Feb 2010, 09:44

for the inner curve you can try with Extude along curve tool, for me always worked fine.

User avatar
owei
Administrator
Posts: 840
Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 15:25
Location: Siegen/Germany

Re: How do I go about this?

Post by owei » 04 Feb 2010, 10:48

...you can´t find splines in XSI..? Try out the "curve" menue or just type in "curve" and search the help...There is a chapter that is called "creating object from curves"..really don´t understand, how you could miss that ;)

cheers,
oliver