updating contracts with AD
-
Helli
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 09:21
updating contracts with AD
So guys what are you and your companies doing ?
We decided to stay with the actual versions of Softimage and Maya and won't update anymore cause it's just not arguable why we would need to spend money.
We decided to stay with the actual versions of Softimage and Maya and won't update anymore cause it's just not arguable why we would need to spend money.
-
dirtydog
- Posts: 69
- Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 20:24
- Location: motherwell scotland
Re: updating contracts with AD
I never renewed my subscription last May, they have given me a last chance before 25 January to pay last mays money then another £1100 in May again, I 'am still undecided, I don't think it's worth it as I already own other apps that can do everything auto desks products do and cost cheaper to maintain.
-
owei
- Administrator
- Posts: 840
- Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 15:25
- Location: Siegen/Germany
Re: updating contracts with AD
I renewed my subscription last October, but something tells me, that it was the last time ;) It depends on how the next release will be and if AD will continue Soft...For sure they won´t get money from me any further for Maya or something like that. I´ll stick with Soft as long as possible. Biggest question is, as there is no DCC coming close to Soft, what to use instead...we will see!
Founder of www.si-community.com
http://www.pixelpanic.de
http://www.pixelpanic.de
-
luceric
- Posts: 1252
- Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08
Re: updating contracts with AD
not sure why you threw "and Maya" in there? is it because you have a maya sub and you're not using Maya anyway, or it's a suite sub? or are you saying that there is nothing going on in maya for its 625$ annual sub?Helli wrote: We decided to stay with the actual versions of Softimage and Maya and won't update anymore cause it's just not arguable why we would need to spend money.
-
Helli
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 09:21
Re: updating contracts with AD
We got suites, maya licenses, softimage licenses. Working with all of them, not a single product in the suite was rly worth updating.
And we are working with flame here --> not worth updating neither.
So yea was speaking in general about AD products which are used and if you guys think it's worth updating them and why.
It might be worth paying those 620 for maya, but on the other hand, at least I think it's better to safe that money just to make a point and show AD that his customers aren't rly happy...
(And when I'm talking about AD in topics like this I DONT mean the developers, it's all about the management decissions.)
And we are working with flame here --> not worth updating neither.
So yea was speaking in general about AD products which are used and if you guys think it's worth updating them and why.
It might be worth paying those 620 for maya, but on the other hand, at least I think it's better to safe that money just to make a point and show AD that his customers aren't rly happy...
(And when I'm talking about AD in topics like this I DONT mean the developers, it's all about the management decissions.)
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: updating contracts with AD
For those that can wait why not decide after Softimage 2015 news?
-
ace63
- Posts: 176
- Joined: 07 Jun 2009, 10:30
Re: updating contracts with AD
We stopped updating after 2012...
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: updating contracts with AD
Ah, a re-imagining of our epic "What if?" thread. ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
mirkoj
- Posts: 205
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 16:26
- Skype: mirko-jankovic
Re: updating contracts with AD
why it should be another what if thread and not really a question of what to do?
a lot of people are not decided yet
a lot of people are not decided yet
-
Helli
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 09:21
Re: updating contracts with AD
It is actually somehow a serious question.
Stopping to pay maintaince means that you shouldn't update for at least 3 versions otherwise you would pay more then if you would have payed every year.
But then in the end as I allready wrote, somehow it sounds logic to me to just stop paying until it's worth it (even if it's more expensive then).
Stopping to pay maintaince means that you shouldn't update for at least 3 versions otherwise you would pay more then if you would have payed every year.
But then in the end as I allready wrote, somehow it sounds logic to me to just stop paying until it's worth it (even if it's more expensive then).
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: updating contracts with AD
I for one fully understand this to be a serious problem, but this doesn't change the fact, that there is a striking similarity between that thread and this one, as they both address exactly the same issue. That is why I made my previous remark, not to "downplay" the seriousness of the situation we're in.
;)
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Pancho
- Posts: 659
- Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28
Re: updating contracts with AD
Let's face it. The more users jump off the train, the faster it is sinking. Autodesk is unfortunately a company which is there to make big money, they don't cherish their products like we do.
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: updating contracts with AD
At this point in time a few seats more or less won't really affect the future of the product all that much, I'm afraid. The fundamental decision to discontinue the software already has been made or so it would seem. The only question remaining is when Autodesk will actually get around informing us officially. By which I do not mean the end is imminent, there might well be a couple more "massive" releases before that day comes, but merely that these kind of decisions aren't made on a whim.

Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Pancho
- Posts: 659
- Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28
Re: updating contracts with AD
Any insider information on this or do you just count together the impressions you get from seeing how they advertise SI (o.k., not advertise SI) and how they treat it as a particle system?
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: updating contracts with AD
Oh, don't get me wrong: my remarks were NOT based on inside information! All I did was to connect the dots (over the years), so to speak, still hoping to be mistaken, BTW...
;)
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Pancho
- Posts: 659
- Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28
Re: updating contracts with AD
That's the problem with companies like Autodesk. They don't care for anything than that their management is making big bucks and that anonymous shareholders get pleased.