Hi I have followed the tutorial by Mr. Matkovic word by word, still I am not able to get mesh strips out of hair strands.
I have made a new pointcloud, connected the Emitter mesh and the pointcloud that emits the strands, into the Static PolyMesh Emitter and Master Point Cloud ports respectively of the kH3 Emit Extrusion Emitter From PolyMesh node. I just get blue strands no mesh. I haven't actually worked before with ICE extrusion.
Any help would be much appreciated.
I was planning on applying dynamic hairs to this character. All the other simulations were too slow(though accurate maybe), but the process of simulating bunch of hairs with syflex mesh strips is awesome. And also the syflex simulation example was running fast.
How to create mesh strips from strands?
-
Caveman
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38
How to create mesh strips from strands?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Caveman on 11 Jan 2014, 16:19, edited 1 time in total.
-
Mathaeus
- Posts: 1778
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 19:11
- Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Re: How to create mesh strips from strands in Kristinka
Hello,
just a few points for consideration
1: it simulates fast in mentioned sample, because there is no self-collision. Simulation is just disabled in area close to hair roots, using modulated Syflex pin, which gives illusion of self collision in this area.
2: setup is created for Melena mesh extrusions (or older variations), because they allows to set orientations of polygons as well, 'in advance'. I think SI factory extrusion nodes are doing this orientation automatically, but not in a way this setup expect. For 1:1 matching, I think you'll need at last one additional strand array (up vector).
3. Very unpleasant forth - back setup is for assigning the 'chunks' of three guides to one stripe. In case of 1 guide = 1 stripe, no need for additional point clouds.
I short, today I'd try to convert guides to curves, and use a kind of Syflex on curves setup. One curve from one guide. Should be so much easier to do, most likely faster to simulate.
just a few points for consideration
1: it simulates fast in mentioned sample, because there is no self-collision. Simulation is just disabled in area close to hair roots, using modulated Syflex pin, which gives illusion of self collision in this area.
2: setup is created for Melena mesh extrusions (or older variations), because they allows to set orientations of polygons as well, 'in advance'. I think SI factory extrusion nodes are doing this orientation automatically, but not in a way this setup expect. For 1:1 matching, I think you'll need at last one additional strand array (up vector).
3. Very unpleasant forth - back setup is for assigning the 'chunks' of three guides to one stripe. In case of 1 guide = 1 stripe, no need for additional point clouds.
I short, today I'd try to convert guides to curves, and use a kind of Syflex on curves setup. One curve from one guide. Should be so much easier to do, most likely faster to simulate.
-
Caveman
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38
Re: How to create mesh strips from strands in Kristinka
Hi thanks for the tips. At present I am able to create just this with the ICE extrusion node inside of SI. This isn't a polystrip at all. Any help creating polystrip, guys?
PLEASE
PLEASE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Caveman
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 12 Feb 2011, 11:38
Re: How to create mesh strips from strands in Kristinka
Hi, I just checked Kristinka website and found that my help docs on Kristinka was outdated. The new help document in the site included the procedure to create mesh strips with Melena. So yeah following those steps I managed to get the mesh strips I wanted.
Thanks
Thanks