I'm experimenting with ICE trying to do a little cat and mouse games with particles. Cats hunt and eat mice, mice flee the cats.
Now one cat particle cannot eat more than one mouse in a given time so not all mice in vicinity of a cat will die.
So I have 2 point clouds: the cats, the mice. Naively I initially thought that, while running the cats Ice tree, each cat would look around for mice to eat using a get closest points from the mice pointcloud and either kill them or at least set a property 'eaten' on them so that when the Mice tree get evaluated, a mouse with that attribute set would 'die'.
Now, bummer, in the doc it clearly say that one cannot modify information gotten from the get Closest Point. It proposes to reverse the query: each mouse would then look for a cat around, and if so kill itself. Well that does not work for a few reasons: a single cat could kill many mice in one go, and a cat would not know it has eaten a mouse and so cannot alter its state accordingly.
Possibly this is not meant to be done with ICE and I should look at a scripting solution. I'd just want to know if I am not missing something (and I am missing a few things when it comes to ICE
Thanks for any idea!
Claude