Delete polygons inside a null?

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
adrencg
Posts: 196
Joined: 04 May 2012, 22:50

Delete polygons inside a null?

Post by adrencg » 16 Dec 2013, 05:33

I followed a great tutorial to disconnect components in side of a null. How can I use the Apply Delete Polygon compound to delete those polygons instead?

Pancho
Posts: 659
Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28

Re: Delete polygons inside a null?

Post by Pancho » 16 Dec 2013, 09:02

Can't you just check if the polygon position/one vertex/all vertices is inside the null? If this is true the you could delete it?!

Or are you having trouble to connect the nodes? Probably a screen shot of what you've done so far would help.

Cheers

adrencg
Posts: 196
Joined: 04 May 2012, 22:50

Re: Delete polygons inside a null?

Post by adrencg » 16 Dec 2013, 15:47

Thanks for the help. This kind of thing in ICE is new to me, and I'm still learning how to use conditionals.

Image

My trouble is knowing what to put in the True and False so I can get the result to plug into the filter.

User avatar
xsisupport
Posts: 713
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
Location: Montreal Canada

Re: Delete polygons inside a null?

Post by xsisupport » 16 Dec 2013, 15:58

You can just use Apply Delete Polygon (with Mode = Is Element).
Here's several different ways of doing the same thing.
// Steve Blair
// "You're not a runner, you're just a guy who runs" -- my wife
//
// My Blogs: Arnold | Softimage

adrencg
Posts: 196
Joined: 04 May 2012, 22:50

Re: Delete polygons inside a null?

Post by adrencg » 16 Dec 2013, 16:04

Thanks --- Steve Blair bails me out again.

I understand now I was kind of on the right track, but in a little over my head.