Hi!
I was wondering, if it's possible to create a turbulize-compound, which just adds values? For example, if I turbulize point positions in their y-value, I want them to get higher every frame to a different amount, but that at no frame they will get lower. I don't think, that it's possible to achieve something like that solely in ICE, or am I wrong?
Cheers, Lukas
Is a Just-Add-Values-Turbulize-Compound possible in ICE
-
gitarrenvogel
- Posts: 35
- Joined: 20 Apr 2013, 15:40
-
Pooby
- Posts: 501
- Joined: 27 Aug 2010, 20:25
Re: Is a Just-Add-Values-Turbulize-Compound possible in ICE
That should be straightforward.
If it is an accumulating effect as you suggest, then you'll should have a simulated tree and rescale the turbulence, so instead of a range of -1 to 1, you make it zero to 1.
If it is an accumulating effect as you suggest, then you'll should have a simulated tree and rescale the turbulence, so instead of a range of -1 to 1, you make it zero to 1.
-
gitarrenvogel
- Posts: 35
- Joined: 20 Apr 2013, 15:40
Re: Is a Just-Add-Values-Turbulize-Compound possible in ICE
Thank you Paul! I already thought, that it could work in a simulated tree. Sorry, I forgot to add, that I'd like to achieve it in an unsimulated one.
-
Pooby
- Posts: 501
- Joined: 27 Aug 2010, 20:25
Re: Is a Just-Add-Values-Turbulize-Compound possible in ICE
It can't work unsimulated,if you want it to accumulate over time and get higher. This by its very nature is a job for simluation.
However, if you just want the turbulence value to get higher over time you can do that by using 'current frame' to drive it. But its quite a different effect and will not accumulate. You could probably fake the general look of an acumulating effect though by also driving the Y by current frame.
Its hard to say though without knowing what the specific effect you're after is.
However, if you just want the turbulence value to get higher over time you can do that by using 'current frame' to drive it. But its quite a different effect and will not accumulate. You could probably fake the general look of an acumulating effect though by also driving the Y by current frame.
Its hard to say though without knowing what the specific effect you're after is.
-
gitarrenvogel
- Posts: 35
- Joined: 20 Apr 2013, 15:40
Re: Is a Just-Add-Values-Turbulize-Compound possible in ICE
Yeah, I thought so. I always try to avoid simulation if possible but I fear, not for that kind of tasks. It's not for a specific thing right now but I often thought about that and without having work at the moment, there's some time for RnD...
For example when growing something in an unsimulated way, I always use the current frame value to animate the growing effect. Then I like using a turbulize around value compound to make it more natural - now everything grows with a different, but unfortunately, constant amount. To change that, there's the "animated" option but that's where the problem appears - it grows but at some frames also get's smaller, which is not what I'm after most of the time.
So I thought about using a turbulize around value for the current frame and set that data. Then get that array of values and delete them, if the one with an index-1 is bigger. Is there now way to make something like that work?
Thank you very much for your thoughts!
For example when growing something in an unsimulated way, I always use the current frame value to animate the growing effect. Then I like using a turbulize around value compound to make it more natural - now everything grows with a different, but unfortunately, constant amount. To change that, there's the "animated" option but that's where the problem appears - it grows but at some frames also get's smaller, which is not what I'm after most of the time.
So I thought about using a turbulize around value for the current frame and set that data. Then get that array of values and delete them, if the one with an index-1 is bigger. Is there now way to make something like that work?
Thank you very much for your thoughts!