Hi,
1 - I have a Intel QuadCore 9550. With 3D Max, Mental Ray shows 4 buckets in render view. When I make a preview render in XSI just 1 bucket is showed. Is all the cores´s processor working in render?
2 - How can I know the render time of a frame?
Thanks,
Buckets and render time
-
Leandro Oliveira
- Posts: 45
- Joined: 25 Aug 2009, 18:58
- Location: Brazil
-
Rork
- Posts: 1359
- Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
- Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands
Re: Buckets and render time
Leandro,
I know you're still relatively new to Softimage, but a lot of your questions have come up a thousand times before on XSIBase, CGTalk and this site.
A search on Google/Bing/Yahoo or alike would probably have given you the answers by now.
But, because I'm feeling not myself today.....
1. Yes. Open up the task manager and see all cores fire when rendering
2. You can go into diagnostics and turn on progress for logged messages. The status bar/script editor will tell you the rendertime.
cheers,
rob
I know you're still relatively new to Softimage, but a lot of your questions have come up a thousand times before on XSIBase, CGTalk and this site.
A search on Google/Bing/Yahoo or alike would probably have given you the answers by now.
But, because I'm feeling not myself today.....
1. Yes. Open up the task manager and see all cores fire when rendering
2. You can go into diagnostics and turn on progress for logged messages. The status bar/script editor will tell you the rendertime.
cheers,
rob
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
-
Diurno
- Posts: 242
- Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 07:50
Re: Buckets and render time
1- i'ts normal, in Xsi every core is focused on the same bucket.
2- to see the render time, go: Render Manager -> Mental Ray Options -> Diagnostic and check the Progress Option, now when you render, if you open the Script Editor, you can see the render time and other render information
@Rock: you beated me on time ^^
2- to see the render time, go: Render Manager -> Mental Ray Options -> Diagnostic and check the Progress Option, now when you render, if you open the Script Editor, you can see the render time and other render information
@Rock: you beated me on time ^^
-
Leandro Oliveira
- Posts: 45
- Joined: 25 Aug 2009, 18:58
- Location: Brazil
Re: Buckets and render time
Diurno, Rork, thank you, very much.
Rork, yes, I´m relatively new in XSI and I´m sorry for borring you guys with basic questions. I tried to find this answer in forum, but I didn´t find it. The last questions I´ve made were based in another 3D software I used too.
But, thanks again.
Rork, yes, I´m relatively new in XSI and I´m sorry for borring you guys with basic questions. I tried to find this answer in forum, but I didn´t find it. The last questions I´ve made were based in another 3D software I used too.
But, thanks again.
-
Leandro Oliveira
- Posts: 45
- Joined: 25 Aug 2009, 18:58
- Location: Brazil
Re: Buckets and render time
Diurno,
Thanks again for the information, but the correct option to show Render Time (Wallclock) is the Information option, instead Progress option. At least, in version 7.5 ;)
Cheers,
Thanks again for the information, but the correct option to show Render Time (Wallclock) is the Information option, instead Progress option. At least, in version 7.5 ;)
Cheers,
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Buckets and render time
@Leandro Oliveira - Don't worry about it, in the community we're not easily bored
by posts (only by the lack thereof
)
Obviously, reading the manual helps a lot, but finding answers to specific questions can be quite a hassle.
And nobody forced rork to answer your questions... But I'm sure he realized this, as he DID answer them...
by posts (only by the lack thereof
Obviously, reading the manual helps a lot, but finding answers to specific questions can be quite a hassle.
And nobody forced rork to answer your questions... But I'm sure he realized this, as he DID answer them...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Leandro Oliveira
- Posts: 45
- Joined: 25 Aug 2009, 18:58
- Location: Brazil
Re: Buckets and render time
Thanks, Hirazi.
I hope I can help people here soon. You, Rork and many others have always helped me with my questions, but I´ll try to look for existent answers for my doubts before ask. Not only to stop borring (hehehehehehe), but to try avoid many same questions in the forum.
Cheers,
I hope I can help people here soon. You, Rork and many others have always helped me with my questions, but I´ll try to look for existent answers for my doubts before ask. Not only to stop borring (hehehehehehe), but to try avoid many same questions in the forum.
Cheers,