sometimes while working with ICE i loose some compounds in the browser...
this is good (startup)
then suddenly some are gone
does someone know what the reason of this behaviour might be?
Disappearing Compounds
-
caledonian_tartan
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 17 Feb 2010, 14:13
Disappearing Compounds
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SI 2015 @ WIN7-64
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: Disappearing Compounds
Well, I see it is your workgroup compounds that go missing. So maybe there's some lag with the connection to that workgroup, or the machine where it is located?
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Disappearing Compounds
Might be so, but it happened to me on several occasions as well and I do not use any workgroups ATM.
One compound I have noticed disappearing from the Preset Manager is the very basic "Set Data".
One compound I have noticed disappearing from the Preset Manager is the very basic "Set Data".
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Tekano
- Posts: 488
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:49
- Location: London, UK
Re: Disappearing Compounds
i do believe its like monsieur Blair indicates, this being an update problem or a lag, as if you press the refresh button they reappear.
Gossip is what no one claims to like, but everybody enjoys.
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: Disappearing Compounds
You have some issue in your system or installation. Maybe Windows Events show something that might point to it.
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Disappearing Compounds
Initially I thought so too, but seeing caledonian_tartan reporting something eerily similar makes me wonder about that. It isn't a big problem as of yet, it only happens occasionally, but I'd rank it high on the "small annoying quirks" list.Bullit wrote:You have some issue in your system or installation. Maybe Windows Events show something that might point to it.
I'm still on 2014SP1, if that matters...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
caledonian_tartan
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 17 Feb 2010, 14:13
Re: Disappearing Compounds
me too. comes right after the buggy exposing of attributes when finalizing new compounds...but I'd rank it high on the "small annoying quirks" list.
(just try to expose a attribute called size and call its group size too. it disappears.) ridiculous
i don't thinks so neighter, because the missing nodes are factory ones like "select case" or "raycast".lag with the connection to that workgroup
and i use the same workgroup in other environments. no problems there...
unfortunately no.as if you press the refresh button they reappear.
anyway, thanks for your replies!
SI 2015 @ WIN7-64
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: Disappearing Compounds
Well, I noticed that Add Point was missing yesterday, but clicking the Refresh button brought it back.
That's in Softimage 2014 SP2.
That's in Softimage 2014 SP2.
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Disappearing Compounds
Just to let you know: I just filed a support case about this issue with Autodesk.
I will obviously let you know what (if anything) results from it...
I will obviously let you know what (if anything) results from it...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
caledonian_tartan
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 17 Feb 2010, 14:13
Re: Disappearing Compounds
thank you!
btw, is it still possible to get into Softimage beta?
i filled out something at autodesks beta program, but never ever heard anything about it...
btw, is it still possible to get into Softimage beta?
i filled out something at autodesks beta program, but never ever heard anything about it...
SI 2015 @ WIN7-64