Cant scrub in other viewpoints

Discussions about animating in SOFTIMAGE©
Filmguy
Posts: 38
Joined: 07 Jul 2012, 11:06

Cant scrub in other viewpoints

Post by Filmguy » 29 Nov 2013, 12:43

Hey guys.
I'm currently in a scene where I'm only able to scrub on the timeline of one camera viewpoint.
When I switch to camera B or User view. My scrub bar freezes and only after a few seconds jumps to the last frame I left it.
Any Thoughts?

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Cant scrub in other viewpoints

Post by Hirazi Blue » 29 Nov 2013, 15:16

This is - AFAIK - normal behavior (playback only updates one view), but you can change this by changing "General Preferences > Interaction Preferences > Playback > Playback View". IIRC, you can change it to another specific view, the active view or all views.
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
xsisupport
Posts: 713
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
Location: Montreal Canada

Re: Cant scrub in other viewpoints

Post by xsisupport » 29 Nov 2013, 15:40

Depends if he really meant "scrub" when he wrote "scrub".
From the docs and my own observations: Note that if you scrub in the timeline, all viewports are still updated at each frame, not just the one selected as the playback view.
// Steve Blair
// "You're not a runner, you're just a guy who runs" -- my wife
//
// My Blogs: Arnold | Softimage

Filmguy
Posts: 38
Joined: 07 Jul 2012, 11:06

Re: Cant scrub in other viewpoints

Post by Filmguy » 02 Dec 2013, 10:01

Thanks Guys.
I think it must be a bug in the scene or something. When I duplicate the first animated camera, the timeline scrubbing works. For some reason I cant do it when creating a fresh camera or in USER view

Very strange:(