Hello..
Is there a way to Instance a mesh I've made onto a grid that has a wave like motion to it?
I have an ocean like wave that needs a bunch of seagulls randomly placed, but move with the waves, and all face the right direction (up) but randomly rotated is other directions. So they are not all facing one direction.
Is there a way to do this?
Instancing Geo Randomly on grid
-
SpookyMunky
- Posts: 102
- Joined: 14 Jun 2012, 00:30
Re: Instancing Geo Randomly on grid
create a particle emmition on the ocean, set number of particles as opposed to ranged over time, adjust therandom rotations etc.. instance the model per particle. cross fingers 
-
sant0s
- Posts: 353
- Joined: 05 Sep 2011, 20:57
- Location: São Pedro de Moel
Re: Instancing Geo Randomly on grid
"instance shape" and choose your model.
add an "stick to location", choose "emit location" and uncheck "align to surface"
"randomize rotation by cone" and your done.
add an "stick to location", choose "emit location" and uncheck "align to surface"
"randomize rotation by cone" and your done.
-
thorsnuts
- Posts: 153
- Joined: 08 Oct 2012, 17:42
Re: Instancing Geo Randomly on grid
Worked perfectly... you knew that though!
thanks dude!
thanks dude!
-
sant0s
- Posts: 353
- Joined: 05 Sep 2011, 20:57
- Location: São Pedro de Moel
Re: Instancing Geo Randomly on grid
what I am interested in, and I hope its okay that I use your thread for that, how do I get something like "aniticipation" (or whats the correct name for that) on that seagulls.
After the upward motion of the wave , the seagull still has force.
How could that be done in ICE?
Theoretical I would use the velocity and offset it on the seagull, also maybe multiply it by mass or something?
Challenge on that?
After the upward motion of the wave , the seagull still has force.
How could that be done in ICE?
Theoretical I would use the velocity and offset it on the seagull, also maybe multiply it by mass or something?
Challenge on that?
-
thorsnuts
- Posts: 153
- Joined: 08 Oct 2012, 17:42
Re: Instancing Geo Randomly on grid
Thats pretty interesting... because that would add a nice little touch to it. Wish I could help!
Heres another question for you- How would I instance using a weight map? How can I get them to only instance where I paint on the weight map?
Thank you,
Heres another question for you- How would I instance using a weight map? How can I get them to only instance where I paint on the weight map?
Thank you,
-
sant0s
- Posts: 353
- Joined: 05 Sep 2011, 20:57
- Location: São Pedro de Moel
Re: Instancing Geo Randomly on grid
quizshow or what? 
try "filter by weightmap" its a standard node.
try "filter by weightmap" its a standard node.
-
thorsnuts
- Posts: 153
- Joined: 08 Oct 2012, 17:42
Re: Instancing Geo Randomly on grid
AWESOME!!!
thanks man... works perfect
thanks man... works perfect