Hey Guys,
I've been trying to get an effect to work for a while now and I'm quite stumped.
The effect I'm trying to achieve is to have an object dissolve over time by having it's faces flip out.
For this, I've been playing with emTools from Mootzoid, it has a set of Vertex tagger compounds that do a great job of having
a selection grow over time. I had hoped to do this and then affect the polygons that have their vertex tagged using the Procedural Topo pack effect seen here
I haven't used ICE in forever and I'm completely stumped has to how to convert the tagged values of the vertices to their polygon counterpart.
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
---
A quick edit to simplify my question perhaps. If I have a vertex that has a "V_tag" value of 1, how do I get ICE to return me the polygon that is now "tagged"
Transferring Vertex properties to Polygon ?
-
Francky
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 02 Oct 2011, 03:56
- Location: Montreal
-
Francky
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 02 Oct 2011, 03:56
- Location: Montreal
Re: Transferring Vertex properties to Polygon ?
I'm guessing that I obviously need to do this with Arrays.
Something like getting a .polygontovertices array to get what vertices goes with what Polygon.
From that, get ice to return the "v_tag" value of those vertices and then return this to the polygon to do the effect.
It sounds simple... but I can't wrap my head around the working of arrays enough to do it.
Any chance someone can figure it out?
Something like getting a .polygontovertices array to get what vertices goes with what Polygon.
From that, get ice to return the "v_tag" value of those vertices and then return this to the polygon to do the effect.
It sounds simple... but I can't wrap my head around the working of arrays enough to do it.
Any chance someone can figure it out?
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: Transferring Vertex properties to Polygon ?
You want to do the reverse of this
http://wp.me/powV4-1xu
http://wp.me/powV4-1xu
-
Francky
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 02 Oct 2011, 03:56
- Location: Montreal
Re: Transferring Vertex properties to Polygon ?
Yes!, Thank you so much Steve.
I was actually reading all I could find about arrays on your site.
Your site is a treasure trove of info, thanks a lot for that and thanks for the tip.
This is so much simpler than everything I was trying.
Thanks
Francois
I was actually reading all I could find about arrays on your site.
Your site is a treasure trove of info, thanks a lot for that and thanks for the tip.
This is so much simpler than everything I was trying.
Thanks
Francois