ICE deformers...
-
thorsnuts
- Posts: 153
- Joined: 08 Oct 2012, 17:42
ICE deformers...
Hello...
I would like to apply a Turbulize mesh on a certain part of an object using a weight map, but I cant find a way to use the map.
Is there a way? Is there a work around? Is there an alternative?
thanks for the time,
I would like to apply a Turbulize mesh on a certain part of an object using a weight map, but I cant find a way to use the map.
Is there a way? Is there a work around? Is there an alternative?
thanks for the time,
-
Pooby
- Posts: 501
- Joined: 27 Aug 2010, 20:25
Re: ICE deformers...
multiply the vectors by the map (multiply by scalar)
-
thorsnuts
- Posts: 153
- Joined: 08 Oct 2012, 17:42
Re: ICE deformers...
Thank you sir...
May I ask for a bit more direction as I'm not that professional with ICE.
Would I go into the Turbulize Mesh node... then into the Turbulize Around Value node... and have that Multiple by Scalar run through the map?
thank you very much!
May I ask for a bit more direction as I'm not that professional with ICE.
Would I go into the Turbulize Mesh node... then into the Turbulize Around Value node... and have that Multiple by Scalar run through the map?
thank you very much!
-
sant0s
- Posts: 353
- Joined: 05 Sep 2011, 20:57
- Location: São Pedro de Moel
Re: ICE deformers...
one way
Moderator edit: original image replaced due to its "questionable" content ;) - HB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
thorsnuts
- Posts: 153
- Joined: 08 Oct 2012, 17:42
Re: ICE deformers...
oh thanks santos... hahahha what is that... a rocket ship!
Now, this can be used to modify the Turbulize Mesh node?
Now, this can be used to modify the Turbulize Mesh node?
-
sant0s
- Posts: 353
- Joined: 05 Sep 2011, 20:57
- Location: São Pedro de Moel
Re: ICE deformers...
hehe, yea , rocket ship 
exactly, if you click on that little "e" while hovering over the Turbulize Mesh, you will see, that my example is actually the same thing.
exactly, if you click on that little "e" while hovering over the Turbulize Mesh, you will see, that my example is actually the same thing.
-
forton
- Posts: 210
- Joined: 25 Nov 2011, 16:57
Re: ICE deformers...
It's a variation on the turbulize mesh compound, with a weightmap.
Now I keep wondering what the -non censored- screenshot looked like
Cheers, Wim
Now I keep wondering what the -non censored- screenshot looked like
Cheers, Wim
-
thorsnuts
- Posts: 153
- Joined: 08 Oct 2012, 17:42
Re: ICE deformers...
thank you... seems to work, but.... it flattens out the part of mesh I dont want effected by the Turbulize.
What would I do to counter act that?
thanks again,
What would I do to counter act that?
thanks again,
-
sant0s
- Posts: 353
- Joined: 05 Sep 2011, 20:57
- Location: São Pedro de Moel
Re: ICE deformers...
don get what you mean exactly...
actually the mesh stays and only where the weightmap is painted, will be randomized mesh.
I did set x and z to zero, so only y is affected.
but, tell me what you mean, maybe I can help ^^
actually the mesh stays and only where the weightmap is painted, will be randomized mesh.
I did set x and z to zero, so only y is affected.
but, tell me what you mean, maybe I can help ^^
-
thorsnuts
- Posts: 153
- Joined: 08 Oct 2012, 17:42
Re: ICE deformers...
Sure thank you....
When I apply your method, this is what happens to the part I don't want effected by the Turbulize.
How would I counter act this?
thank you very much.
When I apply your method, this is what happens to the part I don't want effected by the Turbulize.
How would I counter act this?
thank you very much.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
sant0s
- Posts: 353
- Joined: 05 Sep 2011, 20:57
- Location: São Pedro de Moel
Re: ICE deformers...
thats again just one way, just play around with the nodes, plug them in different ports, ect. 
oh and smooth the weights with the smoother to avoid bad seams.
oh and smooth the weights with the smoother to avoid bad seams.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
thorsnuts
- Posts: 153
- Joined: 08 Oct 2012, 17:42
Re: ICE deformers...
Awesome dude... thank a lot. works as expected!!
But what is that .380 node you plugged into the factor of the multiply by scalar?
thanks I really appreciate your time.
But what is that .380 node you plugged into the factor of the multiply by scalar?
thanks I really appreciate your time.
-
sant0s
- Posts: 353
- Joined: 05 Sep 2011, 20:57
- Location: São Pedro de Moel
Re: ICE deformers...
you can change the overall scale there. I did insert that "scalar" node just to show on screen what value the "multiply by scalar" node has.
and your welcome
and your welcome