I am a total beginner with animation and after couple of hours of trial-and-error I decided to ask if I'm on the right track at all.
I had an idea to animate the wipers on my car model, but it seems I might have taken just a little too much to chew
1. I figured, I would want the wiper blade to stick to the windshield - I found the surface constrain and used that, even though I had to rebuild my windshield, because it was a polygon object.
Is there any smarter way to do this? Without using nurbs?
2. I parented the wiper to its arm and it seemed to work ok. But when I applied the surface constrain to the wiper, it broke of the arm!
How come? Is there an easy way to make the wiper stick to the arm and the surface?
Any general ideas or tutorial links for this sort of thing would be appreciated
Thanks!
Here are some screenshots:










