Is out.
As always, very strong on the FX side (no pun intended).
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option= ... Itemid=390
Houdini 13
-
McNistor
- Posts: 605
- Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 15:26
Houdini 13
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides
-Thucydides
-
Rez007
- Posts: 609
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 14:51
- Location: Nevada
Re: Houdini 13
The Finite Element Solver looks awesome. Overall, I think it looks like a really solid release, I am just not too big of a fan of their marketing direction this time.
Co-Founder/Co-Owner 2GMG (2 Guys Making Games)
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
-
McNistor
- Posts: 605
- Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 15:26
Re: Houdini 13
Which is what?Rez007 wrote:I am just not too big of a fan of their marketing direction
You mean their focus on the FX rather than the other branches of 3d (modeling, animation, etc)? Not sure that's what a marketing direction is, but I get what you mean if that's what you're referring to.
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides
-Thucydides
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: Houdini 13
Agreed. I think if it was not for the step learning curve and being less good at character work it kicks everyone else.The Finite Element Solver looks awesome. Overall, I think it looks like a really solid release.
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: Houdini 13
Haha. With so many plugins what Maya does then?
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Houdini 13
I was thinking the other way around.
If Autodesk were to re-release XSI 6.5, sans ICE, it might just make a "perfect companion to Houdini".
If Autodesk were to re-release XSI 6.5, sans ICE, it might just make a "perfect companion to Houdini".
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Helli
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 09:21
Re: Houdini 13
Companion to Houdini ??
Theres nothing Houdini can't do as well or even better then Ice, is there ??
Sure Ice is a bit faster in some examples but except of that ?
Theres nothing Houdini can't do as well or even better then Ice, is there ??
Sure Ice is a bit faster in some examples but except of that ?
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Houdini 13
Did you even bother to read my post?
Take away ICE (hence XSI 6.5) and Softimage still offers some of the things Houdini lacks.
Modeling and Character Animation aren't Houdini's strong points IIRC.
Take away ICE (hence XSI 6.5) and Softimage still offers some of the things Houdini lacks.
Modeling and Character Animation aren't Houdini's strong points IIRC.
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
MauricioPC
- Moderator
- Posts: 1089
- Joined: 16 Sep 2013, 11:39
Re: Houdini 13
And they just don't seem to bother apparently. That's a shame ... with a little more tweaks on this, I think Houdini could take Maya place as the central platform of pipelines.Hirazi Blue wrote:Modeling and Character Animation aren't Houdini's strong points IIRC.
-
Rez007
- Posts: 609
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 14:51
- Location: Nevada
Re: Houdini 13
Not exactly, for their "Marketing Direction" I was actually referring to the darker theme they went with this time around. I understand they released on Halloween, I am just not a fan of the route they decided to market their new release. To your point though, it would have been neat to see some more modeling and animation enhancements. I see why they focused on FX though, as that is already one of their strong suits and if they want to show to users that Houdini is a better choice than ICE or BiFrost it seems like they added some really nice additions.McNistor wrote:Which is what?Rez007 wrote:I am just not too big of a fan of their marketing direction
You mean their focus on the FX rather than the other branches of 3d (modeling, animation, etc)? Not sure that's what a marketing direction is, but I get what you mean if that's what you're referring to.
Regardless, the bullet points that they put into this release seems like a lot, at least compared to what we have been getting over the years.
Co-Founder/Co-Owner 2GMG (2 Guys Making Games)
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames