Hello,
what's the trick to select every, say, second edge of an edge loop (on a cylinder with almost 100 subdivisions)?
rcTools seem to be able to do this with polygons only...
Thanks!
Eugen
Select every nth edge
-
julius
- Posts: 248
- Joined: 12 Jun 2009, 08:56
-
Eugen
- Posts: 331
- Joined: 10 Jan 2010, 11:40
- Location: Vienna/Austria
Re: Select every nth edge
Something like this...
Select patterns of components (points, edges, polys...)
Select patterns of components (points, edges, polys...)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: HeSelect every nth edge
Hello Eugen! This should be possible by using the "complete all edgerings" command inside the more options submenu, and the "X_X_X_" pattern selected
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
Eugen
- Posts: 331
- Joined: 10 Jan 2010, 11:40
- Location: Vienna/Austria
Re: Select every nth edge
Aha...! That works... thank you!
Bit tricky to find... I expected the "Apply Pattern to Selection" command in the "Loop Patterns" menu to do exactly this.
Bit tricky to find... I expected the "Apply Pattern to Selection" command in the "Loop Patterns" menu to do exactly this.
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: Select every nth edge
I see-- I couldn't get this function to work in combination with edge rings. It's a bit difficult to make it clear from the UI perspective, am open for suggestions!
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
ndrakey
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 19:32
- Skype: ndrakey
Re: Select every nth edge
Grüß Gott.
I'd like to know how this "trick" works too :>
I'd like to know how this "trick" works too :>